Published on September 21st, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
UMW Toyota Promises Something Important Is Coming Next Week
Could UMW Toyota be assembling hybrid vehicles in Malaysia soon?
UMW Toyota issued a statement yesterday that invited Malaysians to stay tuned for an announcement coming on the 27th of September 2021. The press statement hinted that the company would be stepping into synergy, silence, power, harmony, and endurance.
To us, this sounds like UMW Toyota are about to start local assembly of hybrid vehicles at their Bukit Raja plant. Could it be a hybrid Corolla Cross or a hybrid RAV4? We’ll probably know sometime next week. This is in line with a previous statement in mid-2021 whereby Toyota said that they’d be building hybrids in Malaysia soon.
Here’s what each of the captions read.
- STEP INTO HARMONY – The drive of tomorrow is harmonised with mother nature. Operating with as low as zero fuel consumption and carbon emissions, it optimises efficiency for the eco-friendly driver. Lead the way and leave a green legacy to change the course of the future
- STEP INTO SYNERGY – The drive of tomorrow is synergised for the future. Combining two forms of energy, it compliments power with efficiency by taking the best of both worlds. Its cutting edge duality redefines synergy, changing the way we experience every drive
- STEP INTO POWER – The drive of tomorrow is powered by everyone. With groundbreaking engineering that moves daily drives and tuned for world champions. Electrify your adrenaline with power at every step of the pedal
- STEP INTO ENDURANCE – The drive of tomorrow is made to go the distance. It takes you further for longer, beyond the horizon. It endures the test of time, countless miles and unforgettable adventures. From skyscrapers to sky-reaching mountains, go wherever your heart takes you
- STEP INTO SILENCE – The drive of tomorrow drives like a silent symphony. It does not roar, it does not shout, yet it makes a head-turning statement with its own tune – silence. This is the tone of the future, the focal point of tomorrow’s soundscape, and you are the orchestrator
Take a look at their press statement and decipher it for yourself.
There is a famous saying that goes “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift” and with that, UMW Toyota Motor (UMWT) is inviting Malaysians on a journey that will give them the opportunity to experience a part of the future, today.
Stepping into tomorrow today, this journey ahead promises greater excitement, silence, harmony, energy, endurance and power, an experience that will inevitably become a life changing one.
“At the risk of not revealing too much, let me just say we will be making a detailed announcment about this very soon, and it will have a big impact on not only the brand but the industry as a whole, and the lifestyle as well as choices that we have become so accustomed to,” said UMW Toyota Motor Deputy Chairman, Akio Takeyama.
“Toyota Motor Corporation continues to be at the forefront of pioneering new frontiers and it has gone one step further to cement this with a global commitment by 2050. We are faced with the prospect of an exciting new era, one that will plot the course well into the future for generations to come.”
Meanwhile, UMW Toyota Motor President, Ravindran K. said Toyota’s commitment is one that supersedes the automotive industry, and an initiative that will involve all stakeholders if the goal is to be successfully achieved, beyond the manufacturing and assembly of cars.
“The availability of tomorrow’s possibilities today will quickly transform Malaysia’s economic and social landscape. The way forward is to commit and push ahead, even if it means breaking boundaries and challenging conventional ways.
Stay tuned to the announcement via the UMW Toyota website at www.toyota.com.my or log on to its social media pages on Facebook and Instagram for full details.