Published on November 1st, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Lexus LS Will Get These Updates For 2022 Model In The US
The Lexus LS gets some welcome updates in the US market for 2022.
Lexus is huge in the United States, which explains why the updates to their 2022 flagship model will be hitting the US first. These updates are relatively minor, and we’re quite sure they’ll eventually find their way into other markets, like ours, as well.
Changes to the in-cabin refinement and safety characterise the biggest changes on the new LS.
New Haku Interior ornamentation & Safety System+ 2.5
Haku foil is a 400 year old Japanese tradition, created by flattening a piece of metal until it becomes extremely thin. The foil is applied by hand.
This Haku foil interior trim is available on Luxury and Executive packages.
Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 is now standard on all LS 500 models. Enhanced camera lenses and millimetre-wave radar elements.
- Pre-collision System with Frontal Collision Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Pedestrian Detection and Bicyclist Detection
- All-speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control from 30mph onwards
- Other enhancements
These other enhancements will also be coming to the Lexus LS
- Subtle tuning of steering and braking controls
- Suspension and chassis refinements (spring and damper rates, diameter of anti-roll bars optimised)
- Adaptive Variable Suspension with revised linear solenoids and control valves for better handling and comfort
- Enhanced air suspension for better ingress and egress (raises the car for passenger entry)
- Refined 3.5L V6 with new piston lip shape, wastegate control
- Recalibrated shift logic for 10-speed automatic transmission
- 2400W, 23-speaker Mark Levinson sound system now available on base model
- 12.3″ touchscreen is standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and Amazon Alexa
- Optional 24″ HUD
- Digital rearview mirror with larger high-res display
- Executive Package which adds 48-degree recline on passenger seat
- Updated front bumper with lower radiator air intakes
- Spindle grille finish now in a dark metallic
- New triple LED projector headlamps with vertical stack layout
- F Sport version with new sub-radiator grilles that wrap around the sides, larger front and rear brakes, Variable Gear Ratior Steering, Active Rear Steering, and an Active Stabilizer Suspension as options
- 9 exterior colours: Ultra White, Eminent White Pearl, Atomic Silver, Manganese Luster, Iridium, Obsidian, Caviar, Matador Red Mica, Nightfall Mica
- three year trial for Lexus Enform response centres 24 hours a day.