Published on February 1st, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Lexus LS 500 Facelift Model Open For Booking In Malaysia
Lexus Malaysia have opened the order books up for the new LS facelift.
Just before 2020 came to an end, we published an article concerning possible premium cars that would make it to our shores in 2021. In that article, we parked the Lexus LS facelift as a strong ‘maybe’. However, it looks like that has been upgraded to a definite ‘yes’, as Lexus Malaysia has just opened the order books for the model in question and deliveries are expected in May 2021.
As before, Lexus will be bringing in two variants of the Lexus LS 500. The entry-level LS 500 Luxury and LS 500 Executive Kiriko. These models are expected to be priced at RM1,023,629 and RM1,304,768 respectively with the ongoing 5% SST discount on CBU models. It will be the only full-sized luxury sedan fully made in Japan in Malaysia.
Here’s what’s new on the facelift model.
- A new front bumper that incorporates the new Ultra Slim 3-beam LED Projector headlamp design
- Distinctive L-shaped DRL and BladeScan type Adaptive High-beam System
- New 20-inch alloy wheels in Hyper Chrome Metallic. These have a noise-reducing design thanks to resonator holes in the wheels and are wrapped in new run-flat tyres
- Two new colours – Iridium Silver and Sonic Iridium are available
- Better stability and handling thanks to new Air Suspension with Adaptive Variable Suspension and revised stabilizers and suspension bounds stoppers
- Access Mode Control that will raise the vehicle when stopped allowing for easier ingress and egress
- An improved 3.5L V6 Twin Turbo Engine with newly developed pistons and an improved variable valve control design
- Output is 415hp and 600Nm of torque
- LS 500 Luxury is offered in a new Chateau as well as Hazel interior colour scheme.
- The Executive Kiriko model features Kiriko Glass ornamentation and hand-folded pleats on the door trim
- LS 500 Luxury has 480 litres of boot space
- LS 500 Executive Kiriko offers 440 litres of cargo space as it comes with the added benefit of a rear cooler box
- 28-way power-adjustable front seats and power-adjustable rear seats
- The Executive Kiriko variant also features rear seats with ottoman and massage functions
- Seats in both variants are equipped with heater and ventilation
- New 12.3-inch multimedia touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The display is 121.5mm closer to the occupants
- LS 500 Executive Kiriko variant features a 23-speaker Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound System and dual 11.6-inch LCD screens in the rear with Blu Ray Disc, SD Card, WiFi (for Miracast) and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) and HDMI input
- 12 SRS airbags, as well as Lexus Safety System+, are standard
- New pedestrian and bicycle detection for the Pre-Collision System (PCS) sensors
- New Parking Support Brake (PKSB) function which can detect static objects such as walls or guard rails or moving objects using the sonar wave sensors
- new Active Assist for the seat belt increases the effect of the pretensioner by winding up the seatbelt using a motor if the vehicle detects a high possibility of collision.