Published on January 12th, 2022 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
New Defender Carries A Premium Price And Yet It Is Selling Fast
Why does the new Land Rover Defender continue to be so popular?
In the past few months, there has been many comments on social media about the selling price of the all new Defender and how its asking price is too close to the super luxurious Range Rover.
It should be noted that this new Defender is currently sold out and the waiting list is growing as you read this.
Well, a brand new Range Rover is coming this year and its asking price will definitely move up a few notches as it will carry some of the great NEW cabin features that this new Defender has pioneered.
The most important and one main reason to understand the new asking price of the Defender is because it is and remains extremely functional with off-road ability that takes it to the top of the segment.
To make it easy, here is the top 10 new features that this Defender will share with future Land Rover models.
- This Defender delivers harsh driving capability that customers expect from a Defender vehicle, including the latest generation of its patented Terrain Response® system.
- In this Defender, drivers can prevent cross-axle slip using the Center Slip Limited and Center and Rear Slip Limited options on the central touchscreen controller
- intelligent Auto functionality of Terrain Response® 2 can recognise the surface and configure the vehicle appropriately without input from the driver.
- Wade Sensing allows drivers to take full advantage of the world-class maximum wading depth of 35.4in.
- The ultra-strong body is ready for overland adventures, with a maximum roof load of 370lb.
- Adaptive Dynamics allows customers to adjust driving characteristics. The system’s adaptive dampers monitor body movements up to 500 times per second and respond almost instantaneously to optimize body control and comfort.
- This Defender has maximum suspension articulation of 19.7in comes into its own, allowing it to tackle 45-degree side slopes and inclines of 45 degrees with customary composure.
- Defender HSE models feature high grade Windsor Leather, while the Defender X features Windsor Leather in combination with Steelcut Premium Textile accent for enhanced durability. This premium textile from Kvadrat is a 30 percent wool blend and is also available as a full alternative to the leather upholstery paired with Miko Suedecloth.
- The Defender has always been the perfect companion for outdoor adventures and the new model is no different. The clip-in load-space cover is designed to double as a ground mat for picnics or when changing dirty and muddy footwear on wet surfaces. The hose-clean and machine washable material is another example of the rugged and practical design of the New Defender.
- Permanent four-wheel drive and a twin-speed transfer case and a center differential helps ensure it has all the hardware required to excel in the soft sand of the desert, the freezing tundra of the arctic and just about everywhere in between.
Plus, let us not ignore the emotional appeal that has made the Defender with-hold its iconic British presence around the world for the past 68 years or so.