Published on June 28th, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
Updated Mazda CX-8 To Feature 2.5 Turbo Petrol Engine
The 2022 Mazda CX-8 will be launched very soon, and the leaked brochure shows us the variants.
The Mazda CX-8 was a surprise hit from Bermaz in 2019. The large three-row SUV was locally-assembled with a range of seating configurations, trim levels and two fuel choices. It sold quite well as the pricing was reasonable for such a large, luxurious and practical vehicle. That being said, from the beginning, many were asking if the 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that powered the CX-9 and the full-spec version of the CX-5. Well, the brochure for an upcoming facelift of the CX-8 has been leaked and it confirms that the 2.5L turbo petrol engine is in fact making its way to the CX-8 very soon. This facelift also brings a new grille design and some other minor design changes.
The brochure shows that 5 variants of the Mazda CX-8 will be offered in Malaysia with 3 engine options and 3 seating configurations.
Here they are in detail:
2022 CX-8 Models
2.5 N/A petrol variants
2.5 Mid 2WD
- 2.5L DOHC 16 Valves 4-cylinder Naturally Aspirated Petrol
- 192 horsepower at 6,000rpm
- 258Nm of torque at 4,000rpm
- Front-wheel drive
- 72L fuel tank
- LED headlights
- LED tail lights
- LED front fog lights
- Auto lights
- Auto wipers
- Keyless Entry & Start
- Powered Tailgate (with handsfree functionality)
- 7″ colour multi-info display
- 8″ Mazda Connect Infotainment with Wired Apple CarPlay and Wired Android Auto
- 6X USB ports
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 3-zone climate control with rear vents
- Reverse camera
- 10-way driver power adjustable seat with 2-position memory function
- 6-way front passenger power adjustable seat
- 60:40 split 2nd row bench seat (7-seater)
- 50:50 split 3rd row seat
- Black leather upholstery
- GVC Plus
- Start/Stop Idling technology
- 6 Airbags
- ABS,EBD,BA,DSC,ESS, HLA
2.5 High 2WD (adds these features)
- Front & Rear Signature illumination
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wireless phone charger
- Frameless rear view mirror
- Front foot lamps
- 2 Individual seats for 2nd row with walkthrough
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (cornering lights)
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart City Brake Support (Autonomous Emergency Braking, front only)
2.5 High PLUS 2WD (adds these features)
- Colour Heads Up Display
- 360-view monitor
- front and rear foot lamps
- rear door sun blinds
- heated/ventilated front seats
- 2 Individual seats for 2nd row with centre console
- Deep red nappa leather upholstery
- High Beam Control
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Lane-Keep Assist System
- Driver Attention Alert
- Smart City Brake Support (Autonomous Emergency Braking, front AND rear)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control
2.2 Turbo Diesel Variant
2.2 D High Plus 2WD (same features as 2.5 High PLUS, but with this powertrain)
- 2.2L DOHC 16 Valves 4-cylinder Turbocharged Diesel
- 188 horsepower at 4,500rpm
- 450Nm of torque at 2,000rpm
2.5 Turbo Petrol Variant
2.5 T High Plus AWD (same features as 2.5 High PLUS, but with this powertrain)
- 2.5L DOHC 16 Valves 4-cylinder Turbocharged Petrol
- 228 horsepower at 5,000rpm
- 420Nm of torque at 2,000rpm
- i-Activ All-wheel drive with Off-Road Traction Assist
- 74L fuel tank
Here’s a summary of the Advanced Driver Assist Systems (i-ACTIVSENSE) that are featured on the Mazda CX-8.
Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
As you turn in a corner, the headlights pivot in the direction of your turn and improve visibility.
High Beam Control (HBC)
HBC helps the driver see better at night by maximizing opportunities to use the high beams.
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
By scanning blind spots behind your vehicle, sensors detect unseen vehicles to alert you during lane change or reversing.
Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
LDWS monitors road markings and alerts you if you are straying from your lane when travelling over 65km/h.
Lane-Keep Assist System (LAS)
LAS adds to the LDWS by performing minor steering corrections to re-center the vehicle in its lane upon sensing an unintentional lane departure.
Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
Front & Rear SCBS automatically applies the brakes if it detects there is a danger of collision at forward speed of 4 – 80 km/h and reverse speed of 2 – 8 km/h.
Smart Brake Support (SBS)
Front & Rear SBS aims to help the driver avoid or reduce the severity of frontal collisions (between 15 – 145 km/h), by automatically applying the brakes if there is a danger of collision.
Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
MRCC maintains a set speed and minimum following distance from the car in front. If the car you are following reduces speed, your vehicle will automatically slow down as needed.