Published on October 30th, 2022 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Subaru WRX Wagon Could Be Yours For RM250k
This all new WRX wagon is slated for launch next month with a sedan version also.
Subaru has a brand new WRX and it is coming to Malaysia. Already launched with success in Philippines and Thailand just months ago, this new WRX will also arrive as a sports wagon.
Yes, Subaru is bringing its WRX performance to compete with the Volvo V60 T8 (which is a performance hybrid wagon).
The previous WRX which arrived in August 2014 was priced at RM229,800 and sold as fast as it arrived in showrooms nationwide.
Now, this latest 2022 model WRX is more a wolf in sheep’s clothing as this WRX Sportswagon cleverly combines Fuji Heavy Industry’s legendary turbocharged performance of their WRX sedan with an abundance of wagon practicality.
Meanwhile, this all new Subaru WRX receives a turbocharged FA24 boxer engine with 2.4 liters of swept volume. The horizontally opposed four-cylinder, 16-valve direct-injection unit is said to be engineered to provide exceptional driving enjoyment for road and track alike.
Interestingly, this engine produces 275PS at 5,600rpm and a generous 350Nm from a low 2,000rpm to 5,200rpm. It provides ample torque from low crankshaft speeds and great acceleration across the rev range, with its impressive output tapering moderately as the tachometer needle surges to the 6,100rpm redline.
Features of the WRX and WRX Sportswagon will include:
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive for outstanding traction and the horizontally-opposed Boxer engine for an ultra-low centre of gravity.
- Larger capacity and more powerful turbocharged 2.4-litre Boxer engine in both Sedan and Sportswagon.
- The choice of 6-speed manual or 8-speed Subaru Performance Transmission for the sedan whilst the WRX Sportswagon will be offered exclusively with the Subaru Performance Transmission.
- The Subaru Performance Transmission features a tuned 8-speed paddle shift Sport Lineartronic®, Variable Torque Distribution and Sports Shifting Control for faster shifting and downshift blipping control.
- The renowned Subaru Global Platform (SGP), delivering benefits from increased rigidity aiding outstanding corner carving ability.
- EyeSight® Driver Assist technology is fitted as standard in models equipped with the performance focused Sport Lineartronic®.
- Drive Mode Select, an exciting new feature on select variants that allows for advanced customisation of the vehicle characteristics including electronically controlled dampers and steering, delivering an experience that can be tailored specifically to driver preferences.
- Sharp LED headlights feature Subaru’s signature C-shaped motif, with the classic hexagonal front grille and muscular styling lines prominently featuring on both the sedan and Sportswagon body styles.
- Aggressively designed 18” alloy wheels further complement the all-new exterior styling.
- 6” centre information display, with the highly responsive touchscreen standing proudly in the dash amidst an abundance of high quality, soft touch materials.
- Sports bucket front seats ensure the occupants are comfortable and supported during spirited driving.
- The all-new 2022 WRX and WRX Sportswagon combine Subaru’s iconic raw performance with a new level of technology and sophistication. With two modernistic body styles to choose from, the new WRX heralds the new era of a legend.
The official launch in Malaysia is just weeks away and we are sure the available numbers for Malaysian buyers will be low as demand in the region has already exceeded supply.