Published on September 27th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Bosch 9+ME ABS System Fitted On KTM 1190
The 2014 version of the KTM 1190 Adventure R will be equipped with the most advanced ABS system ever invented by the industry leader Bosch. The Bosch 9+ME will be the brain of the Motorcycle Stability Control system, a new development in motorcycle safety. The best news in all this is that this system can be retrofitted to existing 1190 Adventure or Adventure R machines.
The system is the result of a KTM-Bosch collaboration spanning across more than 2 years, aiming to manufacture an ABS which can effectively help riders during a bend, with the bike leaning into the curve. According to its developers, the Motorcycle Stability System can do the following:
– prevent the wheels from slipping when braking while leaning over.
– minimize the righting motion of braking while leaning over.
– prevent rolling over in emergency stops.
– prevent rear wheel skids when accelerating while leaning over.
– prevent the front wheel rising while accelerating.
Basically this is the initial development of Combined ABS and Traction Control. The system will be working in the background, making its presence noticed only when it detects a potentially hazardous situation.