Published on September 13th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
CLARION AX1 ANDROID BASED CAR STEREO: BUY IT ON THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW
Clarion Malaysia has kicked off its Internet sales launch for the highly anticipated Android-driven AX1 car stereo. Clarion Malaysia Managing Director T.K. Tan said consumers in 5 countries – Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and India – could order their units online from today.
“We are marketing the first 3,000 units of the AX1 at very special prices – RM1,599 / SGD$650 / THB16,500 / INR34,200 / IDR5,800,000. To find out more about the Clarion AX1, please visit clarion.com.my/ax1,” he said, adding that the recommended retail price (RRP) was US$725.
“Since there has been much interest on the Internet about this Internet-ready device, we decided to establish an Asian Internet sales outlet for the Clarion AX1 by working with our technology partner – infogo.com. Our technology partner already operates an online music store that offers more than 22 million songs in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and India, and the local content ingestion is progressing by the day,” he said.
“If you want to order one of the first Clarion Android-driven car stereos on the planet at a very special price, please visit infogo.com now,” he added.
Previously known as the “Clarion Mirage”, the device has been re-branded as the “AX1”, as in “Android Experience 1.” Its key features include:
- A user-friendly Android-based interface that works like a smart phone interface, with a touchscreen, upgrade-able software and apps.
- An Internet browser app that allows Internet surfing, email access and YouTube viewing.
- An in-built infogo online music store app that allows users to buy, download and sync music on-the-go.
- Playback of 1080p Full HD videos on a 6.5-inch touchscreen.
- An in-built GPS navigation app.
- Compatibility with Android and Apple smart phones for Bluetooth or wi-fi playback of songs or videos, as well as file transfer.
- MicroSD and 2 USB media ports.
- Approved and safe software upgrades will be periodically available for download through the “infogo app garage.”
- A phone app that facilitates hands-free phone calls when the device is paired with a smart phone.
Mr Tan said that the Clarion AX1 was a connected Clarion car stereo that was certified to be safe for installation and operation according to international automotive standards. “Unlike smart phones or tablets, this device is a full automotive grade connected car stereo. It is certified to be safe for use in your car,” he said.
“Eighteen months have passed since we first unveiled the beta version. Today, the Clarion AX1 is a more advanced, powerful and user-friendly product. Most importantly, it is now officially a full production unit. You can order a unit immediately and we will start delivering the first retail units to you from November 2013,” he said.
“As you know, many people are talking about connected cars these days. Well, let me put it this way: the CLARION AX1 makes any car a connected car. The Clarion AX1, and other Clarion OEM products, will deliver the connected car experience to our customers,” he said. For more information, visit www.clarion.com.my/ax1