Published on September 18th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Koenigsegg Agera R, Quicker than lightning!
In 2010 Koenigsegg presented a pre-production version of the Koenigsegg Agera. Since then the pre-production car and several test mules have continued the Agera development program. All in all the production versions of the Agera are created to take the Koenigsegg experience to the next level both on the road and the track, still maintaining the largest luggage space in the industry in combination with the unique Koenigsegg door system and detachable/stow-able hardtop.
- Koenigsegg developed, aluminium/carbon fibre, dry sump, 32 valve, Twin Turbo, V8 engine
- Torque: 1100 – 1200Nm – depending on version and fuel
- Displacement: 5.035 L. Bore: 90.7mm. Stroke: 95.25 mm. Compression ratio: 9.0:1. Max rpm: 7250
- Power: 940-1115hp – depending on version and fuel
- 7-speed, dual clutch, single input shaft, AMT Transmission with E-diff.
- Frontal Area: 1.873 m2
- CD 0.30 (no rear wing) – 0.33 (fixed normal Agera rear wing) – 0.33 to 0.37(adaptable wing)
- Luggage space: 120 litres
- Dry weight: 1330 kg
- Curb weight 1418 kg (all fluids plus 50% fuel)
- Maximum laden weight: 1600 kg(full tank, two passengers, full luggage)
- Length: 4296 mm
- Width: 1998 mm
- Height: 1120 mm
- Wheelbase: 2662 mm
- Front Track: 1700 mm
- Rear Track: 1650 mm
- Front overhang: 885mm
- Rear overhang: 752mm
There are several differences between the pre-production car previously shown and the production versions. For example, the engine and gearbox configurations are different and some revolutionary interior, chassis and aerodynamic features adorn the production version of the Agera that has never been shown before. For more information, please read the full press release below. Although sharing the same values and philosophies as previous Koenigsegg models, the Agera takes the Koenigsegg experience to a completely new level. Similar to all previous Koenigsegg hypercars, the new Agera is the brainchild of Christian von Koenigsegg. The Agera has come to life in order to set new benchmarks for Hypercars when it comes to control, handling, speed, comfort, practicality and sheer driving enjoyment, while combining these features with clean, efficient and beautiful design. The name Agera set the tone for the new project. Agera means “to take action” in Swedish. It is also short for the ancient Greek word Ageratos which means “ageless”. These two are very suitable meanings, for the car building the future of Koenigsegg.