Published on December 8th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez1
Honda CB500F For Urban Riders
This is the all new Honda CB500F. Honda expands riding enthusiasts’ options with a modern and sporty 471cc sportbike. This image-conscious offering not only carries a full load of attitude, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. The CB500F has a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and plenty of room for a variety of riders. It’s an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle.
There’s an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike-and that’s especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F. This modern and sporty 471cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you’re riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable riding position lets riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that’s stylish, fun and affordable, it’s tough to top the new CB500F.
Honda CB500F Key Features
– Comfortable, neutral riding position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable on short rides or longer trips.
– All-new 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
– The four-valve cylinder head design incorporates a roller rocker arm for a more compact layout along with reduced friction.
– A shim-type valve adjustment system allows incorporation of a lighter rocker arm setup that, in turn, allows for a lower valve-spring load to further reduce power losses through engine friction.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
– Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
– Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
– Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
– Big 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
– Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
– Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
– ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
– Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, real-time and average fuel consumption.
– 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.