Published on March 26th, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Skoda Delivers 11 Million Vehicles To Date
Skoda’s Mlada Boleslav factory is a hub of the Czech republic’s industrial activities. It’s also the heart of all Skoda’s production capabilities and, as of March 19th (2014), it has successfully assembled no less than 11 million vehicles.
The precise model to mark the milestone remains unknown, but it’s one of six currently built there – Octavia, Octavia Combi, Fabia, Fabia Combi, Rapid and Rapid Spaceback.
“Mladá Boleslav is the heart of the global Skoda production network,” says Michael Oeljeklaus, Skoda Board member for Production. “This, the eleven million vehicles produced, demonstrates the strength and importance of both the plant and the company. More than 50 percent of all Skoda cars built to date have left the production lines in Mladá Boleslav, of which one million were produced in the last two years alone. Skoda’s heart beats in this town and at this factory. The whole team is very proud of the eleven millionth milestone. In the years ahead, Skoda will continue to grow with the most comprehensive model campaign in the company’s history and our main factory is going to play a key role.”
Besides its main factory in the Czech republic, Skoda also has production capacity in other key global growth markets, particularly of China and Russia.
Various milestones in Skoda’s production:
– 19 March 2014: 11 millionth Skoda vehicle at the Mladá Boleslav plant
– 26 August 2013: 4 millionth Skoda Octavia
– 9 July 2013: 1 millionth Skoda vehicle in China since 2007
– 5 February 2013: 15 millionth Skoda vehicle since 1905
– 30 January 2012: 14 millionth Skoda vehicle since 1905
– 12 October 2011: 10 millionth Skoda vehicle at the Mladá Boleslav plant
– 8 April 2009: 12 millionth Skoda vehicle since 1905
– 13 July 2006: 10 millionth Skoda vehicle since 1905
– 1991: 5 millionth Skoda vehicle since 1905