Published on April 27th, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
V8 Supercars: Ford Wins In 4th Race
Mark Winterbottom won the 200km race at Pukekohe Raceway today to take home the Jason Richards Trophy and secure a 100-point lead in the V8 Supercars championship.
Winterbottom’s Ford Performance Car was impressive all weekend and today’s win added to the victory and second place he picked up yesterday. New Zealand’s Scott McLaughlin finished second with Chaz Mostert third and Shane van Gisbergen fourth.
There was hope of a home victory for McLaughlin in his Volvo earlier in the day as he grabbed pole in a V8 Supercars race for just the third time in his career. The 20-year-old managed to do two laps quicker than anyone else, with his Garry Rogers Volvo the most impressive car in qualifying all weekend.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford 1h16m14.0720s
2. Scott McLaughlin GRM Volvo +6.9807s
3. Chaz Mostert FPR Ford +16.8806s
4. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden +23.5120s
5. Michael Caruso Nissan +25.2493s
6. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden +27.9520s
7. Will Davison Erebus Mercedes +28.8045s
8. Rick Kelly Nissan +29.7776s
9. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden +30.8100s
10. Jamie Whincup Triple Eight Holden +33.7444s