Published on March 21st, 2015 | by Subhash Nair0
Polo To Be Facelifted, Slightly Golf-ier
During Thursday’s Volkswagen Werkstour, we got a sneak peak at the face-lifted version of the CKD Polo hatch.
Here are the key changes to the cars aesthetics:
- Clear headlamps swapped for a smoked variant with dark inserts.
- The upper grille has a single chrome strip rather than two, more akin to the Golf than the Jetta now.
- Lower grille now with horizontal slats and chrome trim, new housing for fog lamps.
- Rear bumper now with reflector.
- Interior trim to have more premium-quality inserts.
We’re still waiting on an official release date for the new Polo, but expect an announcement in the coming days. Armin Keller, Managing Director stated VW’s intention to maintain the selling price of its cars by reducing costs. Despite moving away from exported tyres, the “Riverside” rims, for instance, will not be upgraded. When asked about the change in tyres, Mr Keller stated that the switch to locally-manufactured Goodyear tyres was simply a routine change of suppliers, an exercise that is commonly carried out.
While touring the floor, a few facelifted models were already on the assembly line, so it might be safe to assume the car will be launched soon.