Published on May 11th, 2015 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez1
First Microsoft Authorized Reseller Store Launched in Malaysia
Microsoft Malaysia has just announced the launch of its first authorised reseller store in Malaysia situated in Suria KLCC, making it the first one in Asia Pacific region. The grand event was led by Rukmani Subramanian, Chief Marketing & Operations Officer, Microsoft Malaysia and Bruce Howe, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales for Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei.
The newly launched Microsoft Authorized Reseller Store in Malaysia will offer an assortment of best-in-class Microsoft products, including Windows Phones, Feature Phones, Surface devices as well as Windows, Microsoft Office 365 and more. The store will offer an extensive line-up of Microsoft as well as third-party accessories to cater to different needs of Malaysian customers. The Microsoft Store will also have a Live Experience Table to showcase how users can enjoy seamless integration across multiple screens through Microsoft’s devices, apps and services.
“Opening the first Microsoft Authorized Reseller store is a significant development for our business locally. It enables us to showcase the world class innovation that you have come to expect from Microsoft and be a space where Malaysians can visit and learn how to make the most of Microsoft technology,” said Rukmani Subramanian, Chief Marketing & Operations Officer, Microsoft Malaysia. “With this store, we are not only improving the shopping experience, but more importantly showcasing our innovation agenda – how Microsoft technologies can empower people to make most of those moments that truly matter, whether you’re on the go, at work, or spending time with loved ones, on virtually any device.”
“This very first retail transition from a Nokia branded store to Microsoft in Malaysia is a big leap for the Microsoft brand in terms of scaling up of our retail foot print and widens the ranging of Microsoft products and services,” said Bruce Howe, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales for Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei. “With the launch of our dedicated store, we are one step closer in reaching out to millions of new customers beyond just phones, enabling people to thrive in a mobile-first, cloud-first world by empowering them to get more done, wherever they need to and on any device.”
Globally, more than 15000 retail outlets around the world will be getting a makeover. Out of these, more than 3000 of the retail outlets will get a complete makeover, with new furniture and signage to showcase products and services. The rest will be refreshed, with existing furniture being refurbished to the Microsoft branding with new signage. In Malaysia, more than 39 retail outlets will be transformed by end of 2015.
Based on an extensive research, the Microsoft Store was designed to create an aesthetic feel aligned with its core brand values. Taking into account the practicalities, device security, material considerations and design fixtures, the store was created to provide a warm and friendly environment. Using a harmonious mix of materials and colours, robust enough to stand the rigours of physical retail, the Microsoft store provides a bold and rich retail customer experience.
With the new look, Microsoft will also introduce a new nomenclature for the retail outlets. The exclusively branded retail stores will be known as ‘Microsoft Authorized Reseller stores’, while the value and experience stores will be known as ‘Microsoft Mobile Reseller stores’.
Promotions and in store activities
As part of the grand opening ceremony, the Microsoft Store will be carrying out the below promotions and activities:
- The first 50 customers to purchase any Lumia or Surface device will walk away with a pair of Monster Headphones
- With every purchase of a Lumia or Surface, customers will be able to participate in the Live Tiles of Fortune game, where they stand to win shopping vouchers worth RM50.
- Customers who purchase a Lumia or Surface on the opening day will also receive a lucky draw ticket to take part in the lucky draw session at 6pm on the same day. The grand prize winner of the lucky draw will win free return flight tickets for two (2) to Paris.
- In collaboration with AirAsia, any purchase of a Lumia 532 and Lumia 535 will entitle customers to 5,000 worth of AirAsia Big points which can be redeemed for a return flight to selected destinations. For more information on this promotion, do visit http://www.airasiabig.com/promos/lumia/
- The top 3 (three) most creative pictures taken using the Mobsta device using the hashtag #MicrosoftMYStore stand a chance to win attractive prizes such as a Limited Edition Gold Lumia 930, Lumia 535 with Coloud Boom headset, and a Lumia 530.
- Customers can also get their free caricature done on a Surface Pro 3 by artists when they visit the Microsoft Store.
- Every three hours starting from 11:00am, visitors to the store can compete with others in Zombie Tsunami. The top three scorers of each game will win a Seagate Wireless Plus HDD, Microsoft Treasure Tag and Coloud Boom Headset respectively.