Published on November 2nd, 2015 | by Subhash Nair0
Art of Speed 2015 A Big Hit in Johor
After the success of hosting Art of Speed Malaysia 2015 at MAEPS Serdang, custom enthusiasts all over Malaysia had urged the organizer to create fringe events in selected states. After much consideration, the event came back to the south for the third time. Presented by UEM Sunrise Sdn Bhd with venue hosted by Mall of Medini and supported by Publika, Art of Speed Malaysia brought the family-friendly show to the mall next to Legoland at Nusajaya, Johor last 31st October and 1st November. More than 10,000 visitors including participants from all over Johor, Sarawak and also Singapore congregated in the massive adrenaline zone and automotive show area at the mall’s outdoor car park.
Art of Speed Malaysia Tour Johor 2015 featured a covered (40ft x 115ft) marquee Classics & Custom vehicles showcase plus activities including Marketplace, Art Gallery & workshops, Kustoms and Coffee sessions with Dean Rolling Ink (Malaysia) and Bone Alfie from District-Shop Gallery (Malaysia), viewing deck with fun games and prizes, live bands on stage including an all-star lineup featuring The Pilgrims and much more! The event was a free entrance for all visitors.
Participants of Art of Speed Malaysia Tour Johor 2015 competed to win Best of Show titles and other awards in Car, Motorcycle and Lowrider Bicycle categories. A fun race featuring StreetCubs and Scooters were among the highlights apart from the showcase and various other activities planned such as live graffiti on 3 Volkswagen Transporters, pinstripe and airbrush demo.
This third visit to Johor also saw the growth of local garages and more backyards builders coming up to showcase their built. The event also recorded participation from Singaporean car and bike owners.
List of winners Show & Shine Art of Speed Tour Johor 2015:
Best of Show Automobile
Winner : Kombi Rocks, Lim Tiam Hai from Singapore
Vehicle : 1967 Porsche 911
Best of Show Motorcycle
Winner : Hairolizam Ahmad from Batu Pahat, Malaysia
Vehicle : 1955 Norton 750
1. Best of Custom Retro Japanese – Norizwan Azizi, Malaysia
2. Best of Custom Retro Pick-up – Noor Amri, Malaysia
3. Best of Street Custom & Hot Rod – Osama, Malaysia
4. Best of Custom VW Aircooled – Hj. Khalid, Malaysia
5. Best of of K-Car – Eddy Wan, Malaysia
6. Best of Custom Continental – Mohd. Salleh, Malaysia
7. Best of Rat Look – Mohd. Firdaus, Singapore
8. Best of Classic – Kombi Rocks, Singapore
9. Best of Mod Stance – Mohd. Firdaus Mohd Jamil, Malaysia
1. Best of Open Class/Freestyle/Chopper – Zuhal Fast, Malaysia
2. Best of Bobber/Jap Style/Tracker – 8 Mile’s Garage, Malaysia
3. Best of Modified Harley-Davidson – Zairol Nizam, Malaysia
4. Best of Cafe Racer/Street Fighter/Pro Street – Hazri, Malaysia
5. Best of Restored Classic Scooter – Zulkifli Mohd Yassin, Malaysia
6. Best of Street Cub & Choppy – Dickswork, Malaysia
7. Best of Radical Ruckus & Streetcub – Botak, Malaysia
8. Best of Restored Retro Japanese – Nurizwan, Malaysia
9. Best of Restored Classic Continental and American – Hairolizam Ahmad, Malaysia
Lowrider Bicycle Category
1. Best of 12”, 16” & 20” wheel lowrider – Rohaizat – Roda Radikal
2. Best of 24”, 26” & open wheel lowrider & limousine – Bunk Bunk – Roda Radikal
1. Best Paint – Shahrizan Mahful, Suzuki GS550, Malaysia
2. Best Engine Bay – Eddy Wan, Perodua Kenari Move, Malaysia
The winners for Best of Shows won VIP packages to participate in Art of Speed Malaysia 5th Annual event next year at MAEPS, Serdang on 28 & 29 May 2016. The VIP package includes participation for Show & Shine categories and accommodation in Kuala Lumpur. The event was held from 10am to 6pm on both days. More information about this event can be browsed at http://www.artofspeedmy.com or visit their Facebook page, Art of Speed Malaysia.