Published on July 22nd, 2016 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Yamaha Ego Avantiz Enters the Fray – From RM5,700
Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (HLYM) today revealed its latest automatic model – the new Ego Avantiz – at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
The new model launch luncheon was held in conjunction with the Yamaha Automatic World Motorshow, which is held in Berjaya Times Square mall.
The all-new Yamaha Ego Avantiz is powered by a 125cc Single OverHead Camshaft (SOHC), Fuel Injection, Air-cooled BlueCore technology engine, which packs 9.38 hp at 8,000 rpm and 9.6 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. The BlueCore engine delivers sufficient power to thrill the fun-seeker and yet provides the economy of a fuel efficient vehicle.
In keeping with Yamaha’s core values of innovation, a new technological feature, an ECO lamp incorporated into the meter panel was designed into the bike with the sole purpose of indicating to riders an efficient riding pattern. A new parking lock system is also introduced to improve the overall safety feature of the automatic model.
The Ego Avantiz bike also comes with an array of features that include:
- An aggressively styled and adjustable LED headlight for brighter illumination
- A modern and attractively designed brake light to keep abreast with the modern trend
- An ergonomically designed seat handle, which will ease the pillion rider grip for a safer ride.
- A 14-litre storage space capable for Jet-type helmet storage
- A stylishly designed exhaust system that provides an aggressive styling to the overall vehicle.
- Front disc-braking system for added braking performance which complements the 125cc engine.
The new automatic model comes in aggressive styling, which will complement the lifestyle of the modern and trendy riders. Three colors will be introduced to the marketplace in the attractive range of Aggressive Black, Speedy Blue and Raving Red, and will be priced competitively with an estimated recommended retail price of around RM 5,700 (inclusive GST), which is subject to approval from relevant authorities.
The all-new Yamaha Ego Avantiz will be made available at all authorised Yamaha dealers nationwide from end of August 2016. The public will be able to view, touch and feel the bike at the Yamaha Automatic World Motor Show 2016 currently being held at the Concourse area, Berjaya Times Square KL from the 22 to 24 July 2016.