Published on September 19th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Bugatti Chiron is the world’s first super sports car
The Chiron is the quintessential ultimate super sports car: ultra-modern, incredibly fast, agile and powerful with a stylistically demanding design and the highest possible levels of comfort.
The Bugatti Chiron is the world’s first super sports car to bring 1,500hp onto the road with a torque of 1.600Nm at 2,000 to 6,000 rpm with tremendous effectiveness, extremely high safety levels and unprecedented comfort.
This is the result of the legendary and unique eight-litre W16 engine that has been newly developed by Bugatti. In combination with the four new, larger turbochargers that are controlled by the Bugatti two-stage turbocharging, an innovation that Bugatti is introducing, and a large number of other technical refinements and innovations, maximum performance is available constantly and can be easily controlled at all speeds. In its Top Speed mode, the car reaches the maximum speed of 420 km/h, limited for road use – however, this is by no means the end of the road for the Bugatti Chiron.
With the new carbon fibre monocoque, a newly designed adaptive chassis, tyres developed especially for Bugatti and other innovative technologies, the Chiron is not only a champion in terms of maximum acceleration but is, for the first time, also an agile, modern Bugatti with handling that ensures maximum driving pleasure.
The design of the Chiron combines significantly more “beast” with a very high level of “beauty”. The design language introduced by Bugatti with the Chiron has a significantly more aggressive tone and does justice to the character of the new super sports car. The designers have succeeded in reinterpreting Bugatti’s DNA with its distinctive features in a modern manifestation at the same time as adding new features resulting from the technical demands of even higher performance. The Chiron remains unmistakably a Bugatti.
The Chiron in detail
- Newly developed W16 engine
- Two-stage turbocharging is the outstanding technical feature of the powertrain
- New titanium exhaust system
- The two main catalytic converters are about six times as large as the unit fitted to a medium-sized car
- The active surface of all six catalytic converters used for exhaust gas treatment corresponds to the area of more than 30 soccer pitches
- The transmission has the largest, highest-performance clutch fitted to a passenger car
- Highly sophisticated monocoque with extremely high rigidity – LMP1 level
- First airbag in the world to shoot through a carbon fibre housing
- Carbon fibre body is an example of sophisticated craftsmanship
- For the first time, Bugatti has developed an adaptive chassis – for significantly greater agility and driving comfort
Even more features
- New high-performance tyres tested at aerospace facilities
- Newly developed high-performance brakes with Formula One technical modules
- New adaptive chassis with five driving programs
- Intelligent air intake management significantly improves aerodynamic properties as well as enhancing vehicle cooling
- Newly developed heat shield for very-high-efficiency brake cooling
- Active aerodynamics system is a unique combination of performance-defining features
- Highest-performance, most intelligent cooling system in sports car sector Electrical systems and electronics
- The world’s most intelligent super sports car with a high degree of future orientation
- The flattest full-LED projector headlamps in the automobile sector
- Newly developed adaptive instrument cluster
- Central console with highly sophisticated design
- High-performance high-end sound system makes the Chiron the world’s fastest concert hall
- Further development of telemetry system for even more service and customer benefits
- Electromagnetic compatibility comparable to that of a military vehicle