Published on September 29th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
VW I.D. Concept Promises 400-600km Electric Driven Range
World premiere of the I.D. starts the countdown to a new era for Volkswagen. Volkswagen plans for the visionary I.D. to hit the road in 2020. An ambassador: the I.D. is the first Volkswagen of a new fleet of electric cars. It runs and runs: the I.D. has a range of 400 to 600 kilometres. Ready for the future: the I.D. concept car demonstrates a fully automated mode for the year 2025.
Key facts – the I.D. in keywords
- D. is the first Volkswagen in a completely new fleet of highly innovative electric vehicles.
- D. is immediately recognisable as a zero-emission vehicle thanks to a newly developed design DNA for electric cars.
- D. is driven by an electric motor with an output of 125 kW and has a range of between 400 and 600 kilometres on a single battery charge.
- D. has an interior that offers an entirely new spatial experience with the Open Space.
- D. will be launched as a compact electric car in 2020 parallel to the Golf.
- As a concept car, I.D. gives us a first tangible glimpse of fully automated driving – this mode will be offered from 2025 onwards.
- D. retracts its multifunction steering wheel into the dashpad when in fully automated mode (“I.D. Pilot”).
- D. can receive parcels using a new delivery service, if its owner isn’t at home.
- D. is the first compact Volkswagen based on the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB).
- Volkswagen has set itself the goal of selling a million electric cars a year by 2025.