Published on November 13th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Ford Transit, The Complete Van
Ford looked at the window van segment differently when the developed this all-new Transit Van. It comes with design and features that makes this Transit more refreshing than the current range of competitors. Yes, it is based on the very popular Ford Ranger platform but that is really where the similarities end.
The Ford Transit is very much a purpose-built van with a cavernous working rear which is seamlessly blended with a comfy and practical cabin. This Transit features a sliding door on one side and what the industry calls barn doors at the back (double doors to you and me).
The cargo area is very impressive, with minimal wheel arch intrusion and an almost square shape. The double back doors open wide and the step is easy.
The excellent torquey Duratorq TDCi 2.2L Variable Geometry (VG) Turbo diesel performs just like any other diesel from Ford, that’s to say it’s smooth, very refined, and can hustle along with fast-moving highway traffic just as competently as it can cleanly pull up steep hills like the Genting Highland roads for small tour operators.
This Transit is clearly well built, feels solid, doesn’t have too many bells and whistles (cabin toys), features that start to go wrong over the years, especially after the warranty runs out and it comes with a three year, 100,000km mechanical warranty.
This Transit comes across as a pretty safe vehicle and comes equipped with a host of active and passive safety features including:
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Brake Traction Control System (TCS): available in the Window Van, ESP helps drivers remain in control of the car at all times, preventing understeering or oversteering especially on slippery roads.
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA): helps the driver pull away on a steep climb
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA): provides additional brake pressure in emergency stopping manoeuvres
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Dual frontal impact airbags
- Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) with Engine Immobiliser
Engineered and purpose-built with one goal in mind, this new Ford Transit is here to help entrepreneurs and fleets stay productive and profitable. This Ford Transit also delivers a best-in-class combination of fuel economy from as low as 8.91/100 km3, power (385Nm of torque), cargo capacity and safety.
Engine: 4-cylinder/16v Turbo Diesel
Power: 155bhp @ 3200rpm
Torque: 385Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Transmission: 6-speed Auto ESOF
Top Speed: TBA