Published on November 26th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Proton Ertiga arrives and there are 12 reasons for you to own one ASAP
Ok Ok Ok…enough grumbling….we know the Proton Ertiga is a full rebadging exercise. Stop whining about the fact that Proton is just sticking on its badge on a Suzuki product. The main fact here is……… we are getting a tried and tested product with a winning formula at a selling price that has the competition scrambling back to their principals looking for a new product to compete. Just remember this fact the next time you sitting sipping coffee with your buddies and complaining about Proton rebadging cars…….you are getting great value for your money and this is why you have excess cash in you wallet to sit and sip overpriced coffee!
Let us explain and give you 12 solid reasons why this Proton Ertiga needs to be in your ownership (even if you are a rich person…having the Ertiga as a 3rd or 4th vehicle in the house makes sense).
1. The Ertiga is Malaysia’s first compact MPV with Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV) status with economical fuel consumption at 5.7L/100km for the (MT) and 6.0L/100km for the (AT) based on the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) which combines both urban and extra urban cycles. So you going to save money as petrol prices rise in the coming years.
5. The foldable 2nd and 3rd row rear seats creates ample cabin space to transport oversized items from warehouse sales and DIY shops with the available 735 litres. Not to mention outdoor and cycling enthusiasts will have plenty of space for equipment.
6. Ertiga has a 4-star ASEAN NCAP rating so safety on the road is taken cared off……in the hands of a sensible driver. It also has ISOFIX and top tether, 2 front airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD).
7. Passengers will be comfortable on long distance drives with rear sliding seats which promote ample space for the 3rd row seats, a 60:40 fold 2nd row seats, a 50:50 fold 3rd row seats, a 45 degree 2nd row seat recliner.
12. Best reason of all, you get a Japanese compact MPV priced from just RM58,800 and even the top version cost just RM64,800.
What you waiting for? Test drive the Proton Ertiga today and have extra money in your wallet to buy expensive coffee!