Published on March 23rd, 2017 | by Subhash Nair12
The VW Tiguan in Malaysia: Everything You Need to Know
The new Tiguan is about to be launched in Malaysia in just a short time. A recent press preview indicated that it would have an extremely attractive starting price (around the RM149K-169K), be built in Malaysia, and come in 2 variants.
Without a doubt, this looks to be another handsome and extremely well-packaged option from the German automaker.
We drove it to Ipoh today to see just what it had to offer. Here are some of the highlights that were immediately apparent.
For the driver & front passenger
- Volkswagen Active Info Display with 6 views (Highline)
- Driver seat with memory function. 3 settings can be stored, great for couples (Highline)
- 6-speed DSG with a WET clutch, known to be one of the sturdiest in its class
- Reverse camera, with 360-degree parking sensors (Highline)
- Park Assist self parking for parallel, 90-degree, back-in parking. Also works for exiting a parking space
- Three-zone climate control (Highline)
- It drives better than any of its Japanese competitors
- Hidden storage under the passenger seat and under the headlamp controls
- Chilled glove compartment
- Frameless rear view mirror
- Leather seats and interior (Highline)
- Falken Ziex 914a ECORUN tyres (Comfortline) & Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 SUV tyres (Highline)
- Powered tailgate
- Flat-bottomed, leather wrapped steering with controls for media, instrument panel and cruise control
Rear passenger amenities
- Fold out seat tables on both variants
- Rear air cond blowers on both variants, digital temperature adjustment on Highline Trim
- 12V power socket
- Rear seats are adjustable!
For the owner
- RM7,000 Early-bird promotion if you book before 30th April 2017
- 5 Year manufacturer warranty
- 3 year paint defect warranty
- 15,000km/12 month service intervals
- 5 Year Roadside Assistance that works locally and abroad. 24-hour emergency towing.
- Annual road tax is just RM70