Published on March 10th, 2017 | by Subhash Nair0
Why the Latest Macbook Pro Is Inferior to Past Models
There’s no denying the Apple changed things (or at least tried to) with the latest Macbook Pro. These sleek, sexy new machines are slimmer than any previous ‘Pro’ model, but there are a LOT of features that Apple fans are missing. This guy sums up his experience in one video. It’s 20 minutes long, so we sum up the points below.
- the trackpad is way too large – it interferes with using the keyboard as palm rejection is sub par
- the keyboard keys are spaced too closely together and feel cheaper than previous models
- the ports are a disaster. Difficult to understand (They’re Thunderbolt 3, but use USB Type C’s shape, yet don’t work with a lot of USB Type C products).
- no regular USB ports
- no display-out support (besides Thunderbolt 3/USB-C)
- you need to carry a bunch of dongles for basic tasks
- latest iPhone has Lightning connector only. latest Macbook Pro has Thunderbolt 3 connector only. Why?
- no significant performance boost. maximum RAM is 16GB, Core i7 only has 2 Cores
- so overpriced! The cheapest you can find is in the RM6000 territory and is inferior to Macbook Pros from 2012 in many ways