Published on June 28th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
JAGUAR XE SV PROJECT 8…sadly only made for left hand drive markets!
Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) has revealed the most powerful, agile and extreme performance Jaguar road car ever produced – the 200mph1, 592HP Jaguar XE SV Project 8 sedan.
Following the successful F-TYPE Project 7 of 2014, the XE SV Project 8, the second Collector’s Edition by SVO, is a hand-built four-door sedan with supercar performance – designed to thrill driving enthusiasts, with an extraordinary combination of explosive power, dynamic agility and all-wheel-drive traction.
No more than 300 examples will be created for global sale, each to be assembled at the SVO Technical Center in Coventry, England.
“SVO’s raison d’être is to produce halo vehicles that push the boundaries in terms of luxury, performance and all-terrain capability. Project 8 is a great example of what happens when enthusiastic designers, engineers and manufacturing specialists are given the opportunity to create an extreme performance sports car without compromise,” said John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director. “Project 8 will be assembled by hand in the new SVO Technical Center, and we’re confident that our enthusiastic and demanding clients will love driving Project 8 as much we do!”
The Project 8 exclusively features the most powerful version of the Jaguar Land Rover 5.0-liter Supercharged V8 gasoline powertrain. The 592HP power unit, which has a Titanium Variable Active Exhaust, is complemented by a standard All Wheel Drive (AWD) system4 and motorsport-derived aerodynamics to deliver a 200mph top speed and 0-60mph in 3.3sec, making Project 8 the fastest accelerating Jaguar yet.
Must Know Facts On The Project 8
- Top speed of 200mph and 0-60mph in 3.3sec1
- First Jaguar with a 592HP 5.0-liter supercharged V8 gasoline engine
- Just 300 examples available worldwide – exclusively left-hand drive
- Manually adjustable ride height, aerodynamics and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics settings for track use
- First Jaguar application of new Carbon Ceramic Braking system, and an F1-style silicon nitride ceramic wheel bearings
- First model completely hand-assembled by SVO at the new USD25m SVO Technical Center in Warwickshire, UK
- Project 8 will be available to order in North America in four-seat specification. (A Track Pack3 version featuring two race specification seats and Harness Retention Hoop available outside North America)
- New Jaguar XE SV Project 8 sits at the pinnacle of performance sedans, with a thrilling mix of explosive power, dynamic agility and all-wheel drive traction
- Significant Special Vehicle Operation (SVO) modifications made to award-winning Jaguar XE include lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber exterior panels to meet extreme performance targets