Published on August 23rd, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Phablet has been unboxed in New York
Samsung has just taken the covers off the Galaxy Note 8 – revealing a big screen smartphone complete with dual cameras and an updated ‘S Pen’.
- The Galaxy Note 8 boasts an almost bezel-free 6.3-inch Infinity Display
- Comes with QHD+ (2960 x 1440) resolution with 521ppi pixel density
- The Galaxy Note 8 is equipped with a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display, which is slightly bigger than the 6.2-inch on the S8 Plus.
- The Galaxy Note 8 has a widescreen 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
- Samsung’s Always On Display technology also makes an appearance on the Galaxy Note 8 with the added bonus of being able to take handwritten notes with the S Pen when in this mode and that’s been improved to include multiple pages of information without turning the phone on.
- The Note 8 uses a smaller 3,300mAh battery versus the 3,500mAh power pack in the Galaxy S8 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S Pen need to know features
Housed inside the Galaxy Note 8’s body is the S Pen with an upgraded stylus. The S Pen still slides neatly into the body of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, with a pleasing press-and-pop ejection system releasing it from the confines of the metal and glass body. Samsung has improved the pressure sensitivity (offering 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity to be exact) of the S Pen, and given it a new, finer tip, providing you with a more responsive and accurate stylus. The S Pen has the ability to draw images and then send them as animated GIFs, while handwriting has also been improved.
GALAXY NOTE 8 need to know specifications
Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
Screen size: 6.3-inch
Screen resolution: Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440)
Rear camera: 12MP + 12MP
Front camera: 8MP