Published on November 20th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez1
10 Reasons to Wait & Buy The Range Rover Sport Plug-in hybrid
This soon to arrive Range Rover Sport PHEV will get a tax concession just like the BMW X5 and Volvo XC90 PHEVs, so its asking price will be magical for Malaysians with money. It will deliver sustainable performance and efficiency with the introduction of plug-in petrol-electric power.
This highly capable and dynamic performance SUV features Jaguar Land Rover’s first Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) powertrain and is capable of making trips of up to 51km with zero tailpipe emissions when driven in all-electric mode.
Here are 10 reasons why you should wait and buy this Range before looking elsewhere.
- This will be a 2-liter turbo, 300bhp Plug-In Hybrid Range Rover Sport for below RM490,000. Do we need to say more?
- Road tax will be below RM780.00 under company registration and below RM390.00 for private ownership.
- This luxury SUV will be powered by an advanced 13.1kWh lithium-ion battery giving a total available power output of 404bhp.
- Fully charged, this Range Rover can be driven up to a distance of 51km with zero-emissions. This means driving to work for some without using petrol.
- There will be no reduction in absolute luxury. New Ebony Vintage Tan and Ebony Eclipse colourways will be available in the luxurious cabin. Semi-Aniline Leather, previously only available in the Range Rover will offer additional luxury with its outstanding quality and stain-resistant finish.
- This SUV will come with a new cabin air ionisation system, Nanoe™, which is central to the increased focus on passenger well-being. It will improve the air quality within the cabin and can help reduce allergens, viruses, bacteria and odours.
- Land Rover’s innovative Activity Key wristband is available on Range Rover Sport for the first time, allowing customers to lock and unlock the vehicle without using the standard fob. Perfect for runners, swimmers or cyclists who don’t want to carry a traditional key while exercising, the durable Activity Key is fully waterproof to depths of 18m and designed to withstand temperatures ranging from -50 to +125 degrees.
- British audio experts Meridian will deliver true three-dimensional sound quality.
- Off-road handling and performance is still managed via a series of Terrain Response 2 features. So no reduction in its off-road abilities.
- It will continue to deliver the performance of a 6-cylinder JLR powerplant in a more compact package with reduced weight and optimised CO2 emissions.
Now that you have the above facts, all you need to do is be patient for its launch in Malaysia.