Published on November 21st, 2017 | by Subhash Nair0
Allianz Malaysia goes the Extra Mile for Flood Victims in the North
Allianz Malaysia is going the extra mile in offering extended flood relief support to customers in the northern region.
After extending a RM 50,000 donation to Malaysia International Search and Rescue (MISAR) for distribution of relief items in Penang and Bukit Mertajam, Allianz Malaysia has stepped up to expedite claims negotiations and waive stipulations to allow for a quicker claims process.
The Allianz General’s Claims Caravan has been stationed in the north since the floods hit last week. The caravan was previously in Bukit Mertajam and Alor Setar and is currently stationed in Penang.
“All Allianz home insurance policyholders whose homes have been affected by the flood can come to the caravan to file their claims. We would then assign our adjusters to survey the said property and expedite the claims process. Eligible motor insurance policyholders will also be able to lodge their claims at the caravan. Besides that, we are also providing all Allianz customers who lodge flood claims at the caravan with a waterproof survival kit, complete with blanket, towels, first aid kit and torch light. It’s a small gesture to afford some support and comfort in their hour of need,” said Zakri Khir, Chief Executive Officer of Allianz Malaysia Berhad.
Besides that, Allianz general insurance policy holders should take note on the following exemptions being offered by the Company. These include:
• Waiver of required claim documentation to expedite claims process
• Upfront interim payments up to 80 percent of the estimated loss
• Continuing to grant flood cover for renewal policies
• Waiver of excess and under-insurance for residential claims Home Owner/ House Holder policies. For private dwellings insured under Fire policy, the excess and under-insurance are also waived
• Settling all residential claims on reinstatement basis and waiving the compliance with reinstatement proviso
• Settling commercial claims based on reinstatement basis and waive underinsurance costs (for claims below RM20, 000)
For Allianz life insurance policyholders, the Company is offering the following:
• Restructuring the frequency of premium payment from Annually to Monthly
• Extending premium payment grace period from one month to six months
• Reduce/ waiver interest charges for Automatic Premium Loan
• Free duplication of lost policy document
• Free replacement of medical card
Allianz advises all customers who are affected by the floods in Penang to get in touch with their claims personnel as quickly as possible. To find out the location of the Allianz Claims Caravan, customers can contact the 24-hour hotline 03-42703951 and 017-4502288 (also via WhatsApp).