Published on August 28th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Bugatti Divo, Another Hypercar For Collectors Not Drivers
Bugatti unveils its latest model in California at the exclusive event “The Quail – A Motorsports Gathering” and it is already sold out to 40 buyers. Maybe even a Malaysian. This will be another car produced just for bragging rights and to be flipped to an even richer buyer in a few years.
Her are some fast facts about the Divo.
- 35 kg (77 lbs) lighter than the Chiron
- Higher lateral acceleration of 1.6 g
- 90 kg (198 lbs) more downforce than the Chiron
- Maximum speed limited to 380 km/h (236 mph)
- 8 seconds faster lap time on the Nardò handling circuit
- New progressive design language underlines the inner values of the Divo
- Divo is the modern interpretation of Bugatti’s coachbuilding tradition
- Divo to be homologated as a road vehicle
- Strictly limited small series of 40 vehicles already sold out
- Net unit price: €5 million
At the exclusive automotive event “The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering“ in Monterey, California, Bugatti has presented its latest model as a world premiere. With the Divo, the French luxury brand has developed a super sports car tuned for agility, nimbleness and optimum handling performance on winding roads.
It is powered by Bugatti’s iconic 8-litre W16 engine with a power output of 1,500 PS. The aerodynamics of the model have been intensively fine-tuned and the suspension and chassis settings have been modified. As a result, the Divo is 35 kilograms lighter and has 90 kilograms more downforce than the standard Chiron2.
The lateral acceleration of the Divo has been boosted to 1.6 g. Its maximum speed is limited to 380 km/h. The Divo can lap the Nardò handling circuit in southern Italy eight seconds faster than the Chiron. The series will only consist of 40 vehicles. Upon the start of presentations to selected customers, the strictly limited small series, with a net unit price of €5 million, sold out immediately.