Published on November 12th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster…..9 reasons to look at owning one today
This is a high-powered supercar from Mercedes-Benz with the objective of delivering open top style and supercar driving performance in one sexy package. It is a machine adopting many performance-relevant components from the premium AMG GT R sports car.
- Exterior: Wider tail end for wider track and more traction: the new side walls add a total of 57 millimetres to the width of the Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster at the rear.
- Interior: More exclusive interior appointments with nappa leather, AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre, embossed AMG emblem in the centre console, AMG instrument cluster with 360 km/h scale and red highlights
- Engine: 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with hot inside V and dry sump lubrication, with an output of 557hp and peak torque of 680Nm.
- Data: 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and maximum speed of 316 km/h.
- Suspension: AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with Adaptive Damping System, electronically controlled rear-axle differential lock.
- The AMG rear-axle steering, with rear wheels steering in the same or opposite directions depending on the vehicle’s speed, stabilises the vehicle at high speed and enhances agility in the lower speed range.
- Brake system Large front brake discs of 390 x 36 mm in diameter with 6-piston fixed calliper; rear axle: compound brake discs of 360 x 26 mm in diameter with single-piston sliding calliper.
- Dynamic handling control: Additional RACE mode
- Sound: AMG Performance exhaust system as standard. Two infinitely adjustable flaps modulate the exhaust note. Flaps open and close depending on the selected AMG DRIVE SELECT mode, although they can also be controlled individually using a separate button.
Visit a Mercedes-Benz showroom to get more details and a possible test drive.