Published on January 27th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Polestar 2 – first official information about the real competitor for Tesla Model 3
The first electromobile made by Polestar in collaboration with the Volvo Car Group, called Polestar 2, will be unveiled in a few weeks. The announcement was made officially by the Swedish brand, along with a first teaser image.
Polestar also revealed the first essential details about model 2:
- the first battery (BEV) from Polestar and the Volvo Car Group;
- autonomy estimated at approximately 500 km (the final feature will be revealed shortly);
- 400 CP (the final features will be revealed shortly);
- body type – four-door fastback;
- will introduce for the first time the new Google Android HMI multimedia system, along with the debut in a Google Assistant’s car;
- will be sold at a price similar to that of Tesla Model 3 ;
- will be valid through a type of subscription, which will be a premium version of the Care by Volvo package, but also by sales in cash;
It is noted that the production of the electric car will start shortly after this happens with Polestar 1 (pictured below), the hybrid sports coupe, later this year.