Published on February 15th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
This is The Fastest SUV Money Can Buy, the Bentayga Speed
The Bentley Bentayga Speed is now officially the world’s fastest production SUV with a top speed of 306km/h and a 0-100km/h time of just 3.9 seconds. You have to remember that this vehicle weighs over 2.4 tonnes!
The Bentayga Speed gets its power from the same 6.0 W12 twin turbo engine that came before, but this time it has a higher output of 626 bhp and 900 Nm of torque.
The vehicle utilises an 8-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system with an Electronic Differential Lock to get power to the wheels.
More importantly, the Bentayga Speed brings a uniquely calibrated Sport mode and a new ‘Bentley Dynamic Ride’ system. This is the world’s first electric active roll control technology and it runs on the Bentayga’s 48V system.
Stopping an SUV this fast and heavy is a tough task so Bentley has outfitted it with ceramic brakes that are able to work in temperatures of to 1000 degrees Celcius.
Sporty character demands sporty design. Here’s what Bentley has given this particular model.
- Body coloured lower bodywork styling
- Body coloured front and rear bumper splitters
- Tailgate spoiler
- Speed signatures on lower edges of both front doors
- Body coloured screening panel below the lower front grille
- Dark-tint Matrix on Bumper and radiator grilles
- Dark tint front and rear lamps
- 22-inch 10-spoke wheels in silver, dark tint or black
- ‘Swooshes’ around the door, door grab, edge of the seat cushions, backrest bolsters and lower console
- Contrast stitching on the diamond quilting
- Discreet Speed badging
- Speed illuminated treadplate signature
- Alcantara material
- New colour split interior
- Optional Bentley ‘Speed’ wings embroidered at the top of the seat backrests in either blind or contrast stitching