Published on June 7th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Suzuki GSX-S1000F is a street racer
From the DNA of a super-sport legend comes the pure sport racer. The GSX-S1000F is a motorcycle built for real-world excitement. Derived from the legendary, championship-winning 2005-2008 generation GSX-R1000 the new GSX-S lineup carries the spirit of the Suzuki GSX-R to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for street riding comfort.
The 2018 GSX-S1000F ABS is powered by a999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant which makes more power and torque that’sideal street-riding. It’s no surprise that this powerhouse is based on thelegendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine which was famous for making big powerthrough the low and mid-range to deliver street-dominating performance.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’sAdvanced Traction Control System**, a balanced KYB suspension, plusABS-equipped Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000F ABS is a street bikepacked with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild,rugged, and aggressive styling, a wind-cheating fairing and screen, and youhave a touring-ready sportbike ready for the open road or corner carving.
For 2018 the GSX-S1000F ABS features aslipper clutch and increase power.
Suzuki presents its newest group ofmotorcycles with roots from the GSX series; these models move forward in anaggressive new direction with the latest state-of-the-art technology coupledwith a sophisticated chassis refined for exceptional rider control and comfort.
- 999cc, four-stroke,liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’sinnovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
- The 10-hole, long-nosed fuelinjectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiencywhile reducing fuel consumption.
- The proven six-speedclose-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overallengine length.
- Rack and pinion clutch releaseand refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the bestgear for the riding conditions.
- Lightweight and compact chassisis engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. Thisability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with thestrong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forkshave adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with agenerous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- The rear link-type suspensionhas a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound andcompression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
With the GSX-S1000F ABS, Suzuki changesmotorcycling for the better, again.
*Dependingon road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, brakingdistance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle notequipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking whilecornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
**The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.