Published on June 7th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Suzuki GSX-S1000F is a street racer
From the DNA of a super-sport legend comes the pure sport racer. The GSX-S1000F is a motorcycle built for real-world excitement. Derived from the legendary, championship-winning 2005-2008 generation GSX-R1000 the new GSX-S lineup carries the spirit of the Suzuki GSX-R to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for street riding comfort.
The 2018 GSX-S1000F ABS is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant which makes more power and torque that’s ideal street-riding. It’s no surprise that this powerhouse is based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine which was famous for making big power through the low and mid-range to deliver street-dominating performance.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System**, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000F ABS is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, a wind-cheating fairing and screen, and you have a touring-ready sportbike ready for the open road or corner carving.
Features may include:
For 2018 the GSX-S1000F ABS features a slipper clutch and increase power.
Suzuki presents its newest group of motorcycles with roots from the GSX series; these models move forward in an aggressive new direction with the latest state-of-the-art technology coupled with a sophisticated chassis refined for exceptional rider control and comfort.
- 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8 powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’s innovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
- The 10-hole, long-nosed fuel injectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- The proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Rack and pinion clutch release and refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- The rear link-type suspension has a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
With the GSX-S1000F ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
*Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
**The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.