Published on July 19th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Mazda2 Facelifted And Coming in September to Japan
The Mazda2 will be refreshed soon, with a facelifted model ready for sale there in September this year. Just like the Mazda3, their domestic naming scheme will be eliminated. The Mazda2 was called the Demio there but no longer with this update. The update brings a fresh design, new technology too.
Here’s what’s new by category
Updated Mazda2 Product Overview
High-quality exterior design
- – Exterior styling expresses a sense of width, stability and elegance and a sculpted form enhances the quality feel
- – 16-inch alloy wheels feature high-gloss paint for an enhanced quality feel
Improved driving experience
- – A new suspension system realizes smooth vehicle movements and a comfortable ride feel
- – Newly designed front seats make driving easier, enhance the feeling of connection with the car and help keep the head still
- – G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus) makes vehicle handling more stable at high speeds
Pleasing cabin space
- – Interior design and color schemes balance quality and playfulness
- – Carefully crafted noise-fighting measures realize a quiet cabin conducive to conversation
Enhanced comfort and convenience
- – An available power driver’s seat is adjustable in six directions and remembers the driver’s seat position and Active Driving Display settings.
- – Available auto-dimming rearview mirror
- – Mazda Connect supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™
Improved environmental performance
- – i-Eloop brake energy regeneration system that improves real-world fuel economy is now available with the gasoline engine as well as the diesel engine.
Expanded range of advanced safety features
- – Available Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with Stop & Go function for automatic transmission models (not equipped with Auto Hold)
- – Available Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- – Available Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) with 20 individually controlled LED blocks help drivers perceive dangers earlier when driving at night.
Mazda Motor Corporation has given its five-door subcompact hatchback a new design, new technology and a new name in the Japanese market. The Mazda Demio has been updated and renamed Mazda2 to emphasize the brand. Pre-orders for the new model start today at Mazda dealerships throughout Japan with sales set to begin on September 12.
Based on the concept of “a high-quality driver’s car that enriches your daily life,” the Mazda2 serves as a gateway to the Mazda brand that focuses on the customer’s experience of quality in their daily routine. In addition to raising visual and tactile quality in areas such as design and craftsmanship, the team worked to enhance fundamental vehicle attributes, such as handling stability, ride feel and cabin quietness, that relate to the quality feel of the ride or drive.
The exterior styling aims to impart an elegance that moves people emotionally. Honing the design by stripping away superfluous elements has revealed a sculpted form that is simple yet rich, enhancing the model’s freshness and presence on the road. The interior design aims to create a comfortable cabin space that invites you to drive or ride all day. The cabin is crafted to suit a diversity of lifestyles with carefully chosen materials and colors that balance quality and playfulness. In-cabin quietness has been improved based on research into human hearing, resulting in lower noise levels and a “higher-quality” quietness.
Concepts from the Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture adopted in new-generation models have been applied in areas such as the seats and suspension. The aim is to make the driver feel at one with the car from the instant he or she touches the accelerator pedal, allowing him or her to relax and enjoy driving every day.
Furthermore, an enhanced lineup of features that support safety, peace of mind and a high-quality driving experience are available. Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) now comes with Stop & Go functionality and Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) improve visibility at night with 20 individually controlled LED arrays.
Moving forward, Mazda will continue to advance and mature its cars so customers can experience driving pleasure and outstanding environmental and safety performance in everyday driving situations. By energizing people physically and mentally and making clear the value of sticking with Mazda for the long term, the company aims to become a brand connected to customers by the strongest of bonds.