Published on July 26th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Let’s You Lock Doors on an App
Mitsubishi Motors officially showed their refreshed 2020 Pajero Sport in Thailand. Just like the current Mitsubishi Triton, the new Pajero Sport adopts the family look, especially apparent with the front lights and grille.
But they haven’t stopped there, interesting technologies like an 8″ digital instrument cluster, a power tailgate with smartphone operability, and more have been introduced on this model. It will be manufactured at the Laem Chabang Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., plant and exported to 90 countries. Malaysia was not directly named, though if the next NAP allows, we might see it here under RM200k.
Mitsubishi aimed to fuse the off-road capability, reliability and durability of a mid-sized SUV with the sedan-like comfort and functionality of a sedan with this new Pajero Sport.
As such, they’ve fitted the Pajero Sport with a more refined, high quality and comfortable interior. What’s more they’ve pushed the boundaries with regards to technology and safety features as well.
Here are some of the car’s highlights:
- Easy-to-read 8 inch colour LCD meter, and 8-inch Smartphone-Link Display Audio (SDA).
- Power Tailgate (safety mechanism included) with a new hands-free feature.
- MITSUBISHI Remote Control. This offers a number of functions that facilitate ease of access. It will send a notification to the driver’s smartphone to lock the doors via the app when the driver leaves the vehicle with the doors unlocked. The Power Tailgate can be opened or closed by smartphone. In addition, the tailgate reservation system can be preset by smartphone anywhere, which enables the driver to open or close the tailgate automatically when he/she approaches or leaves the vehicle. The keyless operation system is effective between the vehicle and within Bluetooth operating range.
The interior sports the following highlights:
- Refreshed floor console and soft padded interior door handles enhance the overall interior look with quality and comfort.
- Storage tray that sits under the floor console can be accessible from left and right sides. New AC power outlet added on the existing USB plug at the console rear panel improves usability for all passengers.
And under the hood, here’s what performance and safety you can expect:
- The 2.4L MIVEC turbo diesel is now mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission
- Enhanced safety features with the addition of Lane Change Assist (LCA) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) functions.
- The new PAJERO SPORT retains the Super-Select 4WD-II system that delivers optimal traction for all surfaces and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics