Published on September 21st, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
10 reasons to buy a brand new Toyota Supra GTS
Buy official units, not recon units to enjoy worry-free Supra super car motoring with a strong warranty.
UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT) has just officially introduced the All-New Toyota GR Supra to the Malaysian market before any used/gray importer can flood the market with used units from England or Japan.
This all-new Toyota Supra brings back an iconic model to Toyota’s range as its flagship sports car after 17 years of retirement. Yes, the last Supra left the assembly line 17 years ago and Toyota took its time to revive the name. Well, the wait for well worth it as Toyota engineers looked at what the segment was delivering and spoke to their partners to ensure the all new Supra will live on to be another legend.
This is why we are presenting 10 reasons for you (if you can afford it) to go to a Toyota showroom and buy a new GR Supra.
- It has a 3-litre turbocharged in-line 6-cylinder engine producing 340 PS of power and peak torque of 500 Nm.
- It’s a rear wheel drive car. This is missing from many new sports cars today.
- Drive to the rear wheels is through a new quick-shifting, sports-tuned 8-speed electronic automatic transmission.
- The 0 – 100 km/h sprint is done in just 4.3 seconds which is as fast as a Alfa 4C that weighs a lot less.
- It has a perfect proven 50:50 weight distribution.
- It comes with Adaptive Variable Suspension and Electronically Controlled Limited Slip Differential (LSD) for fun in your seat handling.
- Lightweight 19-inch forged alloy rims are standard fitment for Malaysia.
- You can also further customize some of the settings to extend the performance envelope of this sports car and reduce the intervention of electronic aids for added fun behind the wheel.
- It comes with a luxury appointed cabin that is finished in fine materials with a long list of features including dual zone climate control; keyless smart entry and start; leather upholstery, Heads-Up Display, electrically-adjustable sports seats with power lumbar support; electrochromatic rearview mirror; and a 12-speaker JBL audio system.
- The on-the-road selling price without insurance of this Supra starts from just RM568,000.
In line with the aim to make ever-better cars, the engineers have provided a truly emotional experience for the driver. Part of this comes from the exhaust sound which strengthens the car’s character but also enhances the whole driving experience.
The All-New GR Supra is the fifth generation of the model line which began in 1978. A popular choice of racing teams over the years, the Supra also appeared in videogames (Gran Turismo, Need for Speed) and movies such as ‘The Fast & Furious’ series.
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing is the umbrella organization for Toyota’s global motorsports programme. In the past year, it has achieved top level success in winning the Le Mans 24 Hours in the FIA World Endurance Championship, the Manufacturers’ Championship in the FIA World Rally Championship and the 2019 Dakar rally.
Starting with the All-New GR Supra, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing transfers the technical learnings it gains from the racetrack and rally stages to the development of new generations of Toyota’s sports-focused GR models and also its wider range of vehicles. The All-New GR Supra is the first GR model to be developed and produced by TOYOTA GAZOO Racing for the global market.