Published on December 18th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Audi Celebrates 25 Years of the RS with Special Packages
The Audi ‘RS’ branded high-performance vehicle line has been a part of the company’s sporting DNA for a quarter of a century now. The branding permeates Audi’s model lineup, and you can find ‘RS’ tuned models in just about every shape.
To celebrate 25 years of heritage, Audi are offering the elegantly named “anniversary package 25 years of RS” for the following models:
- TT RS Coupé (+EUR9,350)
- RS 4 Avant (+EUR10,900)
- RS 5 Coupé (+EUR10,900)
- RS 5 Sportback (+EUR10,900)
- RS 6 Avant (+EUR14,500)
- RS 7 Sportback (+EUR14,500)
EUR 9,350 for the TT RS Coupé, EUR 10,900 for the RS 4 Avant, RS 5 Coupé, and RS 5 Sportback, and EUR 14,500 for the RS 6 Avant* and RS 7 Sportback
The “anniversary package 25 years of RS” consists of the following:
- Nogaro blue, pearl effect, Mythos black, Nardo gray, and glacier white paint options
- matt aluminum look for front blade, the vertical webs, inlays in the side sills and the horizontal web of the rear diffuser on the RS 4, RS 5, RS 6, and RS 7
- gloss black Audi rings, RS logos, rear wing, and exterior mirror housings of the TT RS Coupé
- exclusive RS anniversary logo projection showing the number “25”
- exclusive RS anniversary logo is also featured on the wheel center cover
- the wheels are designed in a two-color look featuring silver and gloss anthracite
- the interior is fominated by the color black, with cobalt blue accents in Alcantara on the piping of the floor mats and the 12 o’clock marking on the steering wheel rim
- the RS sport seats with a honeycomb pattern are made of fine Nappa leather and Alcantara in the TT RS, RS 4, and RS 5 models
- the seat upholstery of the RS sport seats in the RS 6 and RS 7 gets perforated Valcona leather. A blueish contrast shimmers through the perforation, which allows for ventilation
- the “25 years” logo decorates the shoulder area of the seats, the floor mats, and the door trim panels
Models that won’t receive the option are:
- RS Q8
- RS Q3
- RS 3 Sportback
- RS 3 Sedan
The 25 years of performance package is open to European customers only.
Here’s the press release with the same information only more disorganised.
25 years of performance, prestige, and exclusiveness. A quarter of a century ago, the RS 2 Avant kicked off the success story of the Audi high-performance models. As a tribute to the first high-performance station wagon from Audi, Audi Sport GmbH is releasing an exclusive equipment package for the TT RS Coupé*, RS 4 Avant*, RS 5 Coupé*, RS 5 Sportback*, RS 6 Avant*, and RS 7 Sportback* models. The “anniversary package 25 years of RS” is now available for order.
* The fuel consumption values of all models named and available on the German market can be found in the list provided at the end of this press information.
** Fuel consumption and CO2 emission figures given in ranges depend on the tires/wheels used as well as the selected equipment
“All our RS models are strong characters. The RS 2 Avant from 1994 already represented our philosophy of a strong performance, individuality, and full everyday usability. This is basis of our success story,” says Oliver Hoffmann, Managing Director of Audi Sport GmbH. “For our anniversary package, we placed the focus on individuality. The exterior and interior make reference to our first RS model, the RS 2 Avant.” The RS 2 Avant from 1994 established a completely new segment as the first Audi high-performance station wagon. With its 315 PS five-cylinder engine, its extravagant interior design, and the vibrant special paint finish in Nogaro blue, pearl effect, it makes a strong statement. The RS models that are now offered with the anniversary package can also be painted in this color upon request. Mythos black, Nardo gray, and glacier white are available as alternative colors.
For the exterior, the anniversary package combines a matt aluminum look with gloss black. The front blade, the vertical webs on the RS 4*, RS 5*, RS 6*, and RS 7*, as well as the inlays in the side sills and the horizontal web of the rear diffuser also feature a matt aluminum look. The Audi rings and RS logos as well as the rear wing of the TT RS Coupé* and the exterior mirror housings are designed in gloss black. An exclusive RS anniversary logo showing the number “25” is projected onto the ground when the doors are opened and is also featured on the wheel center cover. To match the exterior, the wheels are designed in a two-color look featuring silver and gloss anthracite.
The interior is also inspired by the legendary RS 2: It is dominated by the color black, with cobalt blue accents in Alcantara on the piping of the floor mats and the 12 o’clock marking on the steering wheel rim. The RS sport seats with a honeycomb pattern in the TT RS*, RS 4*, and RS 5* models combine fine Nappa leather with seat center panels in Alcantara, just like the RS 2 Avant back in the day. The seat upholstery of the RS sport seats in the RS 6* and RS 7* is designed in perforated Valcona leather. A blueish contrast shimmers through the perforation, which allows for ventilation for the first time. In the interior, the “25 years” logo decorates the shoulder area of the seats, the floor mats, and the door trim panels.
Customers in Germany and other European countries can now order the anniversary package. Prices in Germany start at EUR 9,350 for the TT RS Coupé, EUR 10,900 for the RS 4 Avant, RS 5 Coupé, and RS 5 Sportback, and EUR 14,500 for the RS 6 Avant* and RS 7 Sportback.