Cars car of the decade

Published on January 7th, 2020 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez

0 Car Of The Decade Shared

Which car tickled us the most to be our top pick of the decade?

In the past week or so, there have been many dinners, meet-ups, year end celebrations and even the once in a year necessary catch up with old friends. Due to the nature of our work, there will always be an automotive question posed to us and the most asked question was our honest choice for ‘car of the decade’. The one vehicle that tickled us enough to have us thing really hard about the possibility of buying it.

History First

First a little history lesson. We have never owned or bought a brand new car. We have always believed in buying used as we have the know-how and resources to restore and fix used cars and get them going the way we like them to. So, when answering the question of car of the decade, it also means saying which car we would buy for yourselves, if we had to choose just one.

The Choices

Now in the last decade (10 years) we have seen a great many new vehicles arriving at our shores and we have had the great opportunity to test drive at least 80% of them. The remaining 20% were either super exclusive million ringgit cars with very small and limited supply or we just did not get the chance to get behind the wheel.

The Candidates

Now we have to share with you some of the hot and steamy choices that we test drove in the past ten years (here in Malaysia and also overseas). In alphabetical order and for easy reference later this below are the top 15 vehicles of the decade in our opinion.

  1. Audi R8
  2. BMW 330e
  3. Ford Ranger Raptor
  4. Honda Civic Type R
  5. Jaguar F-Type
  6. Lexus ES250
  7. Mazda MX-5
  8. Maserati Ghibli
  9. Mercedes C63 S AMG
  10. Porsche Taycan
  11. Renault Megane R.S.
  12. Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  13. Toyota Supra
  14. Toyota Harrier 2.0T
  15. Volvo XC90 T8

The Reason

Now, for most of reading this you would probably notice that our list is almost 60% are premium expensive vehicles and the rest are all above the RM190.000 price range. It is not that we can afford the cars in the above list, it is just that these are the vehicles that tickled us in more ways than imaginable to have us thinking ‘what if we could afford it’.

So, which would we choose to be the one and only ‘Car Of The Decade’! Tough choice when speed, handling, comfort, everyday usability and style needs to be considered.

Maserati Ghibli 2020

Well we pick the Maserati Ghibli as it provides that wonderful sounding Ferrari inspired and developed V6 engine, its handles like a true sports sedan, has space for 4 adults in absolute comfort, its still turns heads when seen on the road, can be used as a daily commuter car and has luggage space for a drive holiday. 


However, if money was never going to be an issue, the all electric Porsche Taycan will be our choice for its supercar acceleration and speed, useable cabin for 4 adults and handling to match its 911 sibling. Then there is the added fact that it is completely powered by an impressive new EV technology. 

About the Author is a service to the public and other website owners. is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date. is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained inside.

Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑