Published on February 20th, 2020 | by Subhash Nair0
Ford Ranger Cross Country with 3.5L Ecoboost Rendered
If you’re someone who thinks the Ford Ranger Raptor isn’t quite extreme enough, then this latest motorsport concept will excite you. It’s an FIA-approved 3.5L V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost Ford Ranger engineered by Neil Woolridge Motorsport with an exterior design by ARVIS.
This rendering will preview an upcoming cross country championships under the South African motorsport team mentioned above.
Here are the key specs to note on this upcoming model:
- Chassis – new chassis design, lighter with better weight distribution
- Body – all-new design, full carbon fibre body, with gullwing doors, carbon fibre interior
- Gearbox – SADEV Racing Transmission – Official SC924 Evo
- Steering Rack – SADEV Racing Transmission – Official
- Suspension – BOS Suspension with new technology, 280mm travel, 2 dampers per wheel
- Engine – 3.5L V6 twin-turbo petrol. Mid-mounted engine, 400 HP + 700Nm
- Clutch – AP Clutch
- Brakes: Brembo brake systems – 6 piston calliper, air-cooled front and water-cooled rear
- Fuel tank – 480L produced by Aero Tec Laboratories Ltd
- Wheels: EVO Corse Racing Wheels
- Tyres: BFGoodrich Tyres
- ECU: MoTeC management system
- Accessories: BOS Suspension Hydraulic jack system, 3 x spare wheels (2 underneath, 1 above rear axle), Air conditioner, Heated Windscreen
Can’t wait to see the real thing. Head to Neil Woolridge Motorsport’s website to check out their existing 5-litre V8 Mustang engine powered Ranger.
About Neil Woolridge Motorsport
NWM was initially contracted to Ford Motor Company USA to design and construct the Ford Ranger Cross Country vehicles. In a separate agreement, NWM is also contracted to Ford South Africa to compete in the South African Cross Country Championship, one of the toughest and most competitive national championships in the world.
Currently, NWM has just over 45 people under our employment, with our racing division comprising 20 full-time employees, a full spares department and our own 4wd dyno. Due to our association with Ford Motor Company, we are able to deal directly and enjoy good pricing from all major motorsport suppliers worldwide.
Since its debut race and launch in 2013, where the Ranger took 1st and 2nd place first time out, 22 vehicles have been built to date. Since 2014, we have had at least 1, if not 2 or 3, vehicles competing in the Dakar Rally. Amongst a host of podiums, the Ranger has also won races in Spain, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Australia, Portugal, Hungary, Poland and Morocco.