Published on May 28th, 2020 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW X2 Now Available as PHEV Model with Revised Looks
The BMW X2 is a swanky little crossover aimed at those too fashionable to be seen in an X1. It is now available as a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) which sees some design revisions to the exterior as well as some changes to the usable space inside.
Here are some features of the BMW X2 xDrive25e PHEV from the press release. Unless there’s a change in the current tax structure that would enable the car to be imported and sold for a low price, it’s unlikely this variant of the X2 will come to our shores.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e features the fourth and latest generation of BMW eDrive technology developed for the plug-in hybrid models. An electric motor generating an output of 70 kW/95 hp and a high-voltage battery with a gross energy content of 10.0 kWh enable an all-electric range of up to 57 kilometres in the legal EU test cycle
- Together, the 3-cylinder combustion engine, which delivers torque to the front wheels, and the electric motor powering the rear wheels produce a system output of 162 kW/220 hp and create a hybrid all-wheel drive configuration. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e sprints from a standing start to 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e offers attractive new design and equipment features which are also available for the conventionally powered variants of the compact-sized SAC model. New front design with taut surfaces and without fog lights, new exterior colour Phytonic Blue metallic.
- Standard LED headlights now with integrated bad weather light. Also new: Business package including real-time traffic information.
- Extensive range of BMW Charging increases comfort when charging the new BMW X2 xDrive25e enabling the driver to conduct the main share of everyday travel locally emissions-free with the electric motor alone. Optional BMW i Wallbox allows complete charging of the fully discharged high-voltage battery in 3.2 hours. BMW Charging card offers convenient access to the world’s largest network of public charging stations.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e enables electric driving in three operating modes. In the AUTO eDRIVE standard setting, the intelligent drive system ensures optimum interaction between the two power units in all driving situations. The MAX eDrive mode can be activated for maximum use of the electric drive up to a speed of 135 km/h. The SAVE BATTERY mode enables the driver to save battery capacity for later use when driving in purely electric mode.
- Model-specific harmonisation of the body structure and chassis for the new BMW X2 xDrive25e. Storage space is fully available in primary use due to the positioning of the high-voltage battery underneath the rear seat bench. Unlimited variability thanks to folding backrests with a split of 40:20:40. Luggage compartment capacity can be increased from 410 to 1,290 litres.
- Standard equipment including 17-inch alloy wheels, two-zone climate control, auxiliary air conditioning and hybrid-specific readouts on the Control Display. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e can be ordered in Advantage, Advantage Plus, M Sport and M Sport X trims and virtually all options of the conventionally powered BMW X2 are available for the plug-in Hybrid