Published on September 3rd, 2020 | by Subhash Nair0
Facelifted Peugeot 5008 Revealed, Similar to 3008’s Update
Just a day after revealing the facelifted Peugeot 3008, Groupe PSA has presented the facelift of the 5008, the larger of the two crossover-styled vehicles. The 5008, like the 3008, is in its 2nd generation and has available as a locally-assembled product in Malaysia, built in Gurun and exported to other markets in the region.
The 5008 is more of a people carrier than the 3008, as it’s available with a 3rd row of seats. However, Peugeot have moved its design direction to incorporate SUV/crossover elements with this generation. We think it looks great. The facelift model brings many similar enhancements to the 3008 facelift we saw yesterday.
Here are some of those changes, briefly.
- Availability with aesthetic ‘packs’, such as the “Black Pack”, “Allure Pack” and “GT Pack”.
- New Full LED rear lights with sequential rear turn signals
- new body colours (Celebes Blue, Metallic Copper)
- new 12.3″ i-Cockpit digital instrument cluster that’s fully customisable, featuring “Normally Black” technology for better legibility.
- new 10″ HD touch screen for infotainment
- new frameless grille
- Normal, Sport and Eco driving modes (auto gearbox)
New driver assist systems include:
- Infrared detection of pedestrians and animals up to 250m in darkness
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function (EAT8 auto gearbox only) optional
- Lane position assist optional
- Latest-generation automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5 km/h to 140 km/h depending on version) with collision risk warning,
- Extended recognition of traffic signs (stop, one-way, no overtaking, etc.)
Black Pack darkens the following parts:
- Front grille / Lion ‘Dark chrome’
- Satin black 5008 / GT / Peugeot monograms
- Glossy black tread plate
- Glossy black front fender trims
- Satin black roof bars
- Glossy black roof trims
- Glossy black rear trims
- Glossy black rear bumper sill
- Black rubber wipers
- Black door bottoms
- 19″ ‘Washington’ Black Pack special black onyx and Black mist varnish wheels
- 3-cylinder engines with 1.2L displacement:
- PureTech 130 S&S MT6,
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8.
- 1.6L 4-cylinder engine: + PureTech S&S 180 EAT8.
- 4-cylinder engines with 1.5L displacement:
- BlueHDi 130 S&S MT6,
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8,
- 4-cylinder engines with 2L displacement:
- BlueHDi 180 S&S EAT8.