Published on December 18th, 2020 | by Amirul Mukminin0
All-New Honda CBR250RR Now in Malaysia
The CBR250RR was launched in Indonesia four years ago
At long last, the Honda CBR250RR has been officially launched for the Malaysian market. Boon Siew Honda’s latest offering is set to take the fight to the Yamaha YZF-R25 and the Kawasaki Ninja 250 in the hotly contested 250cc segment.
So, without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about the new CBR250RR:
- Priced at RM25,999 excluding road tax, insurance and registration
- Comes with a two-year or 20,000 km warranty from Boon Siew Honda
- Available in two colour schemes – Winning Red and Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
- Powered by a 250cc, parallel-twin DOHC eight-valve engine with 40 hp at 13,000 rpm and 25 Nm of torque at 11,000 rpm
- Equipped with a six-speed transmission with quick shifter and assist/slipper clutch
- Has three riding modes (Comfort, Sport and Sport+) and Throttle-by-Wire
- Dual-channel ABS is equipped as standard
- Suspension comprises high rigidity inverted front forks and five-step preload Pro-Link rear monoshock
- Other standard equipment include dual exhaust system, double-layered dual LED headlights and fully-digital speedometer
- Available at Honda BigWing, Impian X and Impian dealerships
Boon Siew Honda introduced the All New Honda CBR250RR as the best-in-class 250cc twin-cylinder supersport motorbike in Malaysia.
Honda CBR250RR is equipped with the latest 250cc engine that produces optimal power, torque and top speed for both urban and circuit routes. Whether stopped at a red light on city road or riding at the circuit, the more responsive acceleration of the Honda CBR250RR allows the rider to shoot off leaving behind the traffic jam or his opponent on the circuit track. Supported by its light weight, this model is able to provide a high performance yet more agile manoeuvring ride between dense city lanes as well as to conquer race circuit corners.
The Honda CBR250RR carries a compact 250cc twin-cylinder DOHC 8-valve engine that can produce a maximum power of 30 kW @ 13,000 rpm and maximum torque of up to 25 Nm @ 11,000 rpm on this 250cc twin-cylinder engine. This motorbike has the highest engine performance in the twin cylinder 250cc supersport class.
With this model introduction Honda sets a new standard by embedding the Quick Shifter feature for the first time on a 250cc twin-cylinder motorbike in Malaysia. The Quick Shifter feature which is accompanied by the presence of the Assist/Slipper Clutch makes the clutch operation lighter for riding comfort at high and low speeds alike.
The Honda CBR250RR was developed staying true to the DNA of CBR series – namely Total Control. With this DNA, the Honda CBR250RR delivers the pleasure of riding a supersport motorbike that can completely follow the rider’s wishes, turning quickly in the intended direction, stopping and accelerating as the rider wants. Total Control has three concepts, namely superior performance, futuristic features and an aggressive speedy shape like a racing motorbike that is implemented in all CBR models.
The All New Honda CBR250RR is available in a selection of two color options namely Winning Red and Mat Gunpowder Black Metallic. This model will be available at Honda BigWing, Impian X and Impian dealerships.
For more information on the Honda CBR250RR, customers can visit Honda BW, IMX and IM dealers or call Boon Siew Honda’s Toll-Free number at 1-800-88-3993 or log onto www.boonsiewhonda.com.my.