Published on February 13th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Citroën C3 Aircross Facelifted, But No Longer On Sale Here
The Citroën C3 Aircross gets a global update that Malaysians are unlikely to see.
Just a few years ago, the Malaysian automotive industry was in quite a different position. Before COVID-19 and before Geely Auto, the landscape was an entirely different one, and we actually had a pretty good variety of cars available here. Cars like the Citroën C3 Aircross even managed to make a case for PSA to locally-assemble it in Gurun, Kedah.
Now though, the Peugeot brand is under Berjaya Auto Alliance’s stewardship and new models from Citroën and DS will no longer be sold. That probably means that the recently announced C3 Aircross facelift will probably never be seen on Malaysian soil.
Well, it you own the last model or are generally interested in what the French have changed this time around.
- redesigned front face
- new grille
- new grey skid plate with coloured inserts
- new headlamp signature
- chrome chevrons now extend towards LED lights
- new LED headlights
- 70 customisable colour combination
- 7 body colours, 3 of them new: Khaki Grey, Voltaic Blue and Polar White.
- 4 Color Packs, including 2 new colours playing on higher-end textured effects: Anodised Orange and Anodised Dark Blue.
- A choice of 2 roof colours: white or black
- 16″ and 17″ rims in diamond-cut or full-black variants
- 4 interior “ambience”, standard (grey), Urban Blue, Metropolitan Graphite (flecked grey, light wood), Hype Grey (grey-green, black)
- Citroën Advanced Comfort Programme
- Visual comfort comes in the shape of unique padding and distinctive Citroën stitching that gives an immediate visual impression of soft and cosy cushioning.
- Welcome comfort is provided by an extra 15 mm of foam, noticeable immediately when sitting down, akin to a mattress topper.
- Postural comfort is characterised by the reinforced support offered by the broad and generously sized seats.
- Dynamic comfort makes longer trips more comfortable through a combination of a high-density sheet in the centre of the seat and thicker, structured foam
- new, more meticulous central console featuring a large storage space
- new 9″ touchscreen
- Citroën Connect Nav and the Mirror Screen function compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Grip Control with Hill Assist Descent