Published on February 25th, 2021 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Subaru Scoops 9 IIHS Top Safety Pick Awards
Subaru of America has picked up a total of nine Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awards for its 2021 model lineup, tying the record for the most awards earned by an individual brand. Of the nine accolades scooped by the automaker, five are Top Safety Pick+ and four are Top Safety Pick.
The winners for each award are as follows:
2021 Top Safety Pick+
- Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid (TSP+ for three consecutive years)
- Subaru Forester (TSP for 15 consecutive years)
- Subaru Legacy (TSP for 16 consecutive years)
- Subaru Outback (TSP for 13 consecutive years)
- Subaru Ascent (TSP for four consecutive years)
2021 Top Safety Pick
- Subaru Crosstrek (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 10 consecutive years)
- Subaru Impreza sedan and five-door (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for 14 consecutive years)
- Subaru WRX (with EyeSight® and specific headlights) (TSP for eight consecutive years)
To earn a Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+ award, vehicles must receive ‘Good’ ratings in each of IIHS’s six crashworthiness evaluations; ‘Good’ or ‘Acceptable’ headlight ratings, and available front crash prevention that achieves “Advanced” or “Superior” ratings in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations. The ‘Plus’ is awarded to models that come exclusively with ‘Good’ or ‘Acceptable’ headlights.
“We are extremely proud to receive nine IIHS awards for our 2021 model lineup,” said Thomas J. Doll, President and Chief Executive Officer, Subaru of America, Inc. “Our goal is to provide customers with vehicles made to the highest standards of safety, comfort and value.”
As of February 2021, Subaru has earned a cumulative total of 52 Top Safety Pick+ awards, more than any other brand since 2013. The full list of 2021 IIHS winners are available on the IIHS website.