Published on July 5th, 2021 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Isuzu D-Max Bookings Surpass 2,500 Units
Malaysians are loving the all new D-Max pickup truck.
It is good news all around for Isuzu Malaysia as their latest offering, the D-Max X-Terrain as well all other variants is selling well and current bookings for this pickup truck which was launched just 3 months ago on April 2021 has gone past 2,500 units and the waiting time has been reduced to just 3 months (depending on which variant you are buying).
Yes, this latest D-Max is available in a variety of variants. Below is the list of variants and their official selling prices to date:
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9L Single Cab (MT) RM88,599.20
- Isuzu D-Max 3.0L Single Cab (MT) RM95,538.40
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 Double Cab Standard (MT) RM99,599.20
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 Double Cab Standard (AT) RM106,999.20
- Isuzu D-Max 1.9 Double Cab Premium (AT) RM121,549.20
- Isuzu D-Max 3.0 Double Cab Premium (AT) RM128,038.40
- Isuzu D-Max 3.0 Double Cab X-Terrain RM141,938.40
In July last year, this new D-MAX had outsold the Toyota Hilux in Thailand for the first time in 30 years. In September 2020, this D-MAX was selling so well that it had a 4 month waiting list in Australia right after it was launched. In December last year this D-MAX was sold out in Norway even before it had been unloaded from the cargo ship.
Dimensions and capacity?
This Isuzu has the following dimensions and important selling points in case you needed to know.
- overall length of 5280mm,
- wheelbase of 3125mm,
- width of 1880mm and
- Height of 1810mm.
- Unladen ground clearance is 240mm
- Wading depth 800mm
- Approach angle is 30.5 degrees, rampover is 23.8 degrees and departure angle is 24.4 degrees.
- Turning circle is 12.5m,
- Tub length 1570m. depth 465mm, Width 1530mm
- Width between wheel arches 1122mm
- Kerb mass of 2130kg and Payload of 970kg.
- GVM of 3100kg, GCM of 5950kg.
- Fuel tank is 76L
Built on a new Isuzu Dynamic Drive Platform, the all-new Isuzu D-Max employs a new ladder frame that offers improved stiffness and strength to ensure better handling and durability. Coupled to a new suspension configuration and a longer wheelbase that allows the engine bulk to be located further behind the front wheels, the result is a more dynamic handling and comfortable ride.
Finished immaculately in Valencia Orange or Sapphire Blue, the X-Terrain comes with exclusive features including remote engine start, rear differential lock, wet wiper system, and brown leather seats with 8-way electronic adjustment including lumbar support.
There is also a 9-inch infotainment touchscreen panel that incorporates Android Auto and wireless Apple Carplay and an arsenal of Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) including Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Turn Assist, Pedal Misapplication Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with stop & go function, Automatic High Beams (AHB), Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Manual Speed Limiter (MSL) and Multi-Collision Brake that applies the brakes should any of the seven airbags be deployed.