Published on May 24th, 2021 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
ADAS In The New Isuzu D-Max Explained
ADAS in simple English in case you didn’t know what it is.
Almost all vehicle accidents are caused by human error, which can be avoided with the assistance of a safety feature called ‘Advanced Driver Assist System’ (ADAS). The role of ADAS is to prevent deaths and injuries by reducing the number of car accidents and the serious impact of those that cannot be avoided.
So, how does it work? “The system integrates the driving conditions sensing functions of an autonomous driving/advanced driver assistance system, driving judgment/planning functions that use the results provided by these sensing functions, and a powertrain system that uses these judgment/planning functions to control the vehicle’s driving/braking power.” As explained by one vehicle manufacturer.
The All-New Isuzu D-Max combines smart new styling and improved off-road performance with impressive safety technology. Not only does it deliver the capability and durability you’d expect from an Isuzu pick-up truck, this tough workhorse now adds superior levels of comfort and refinement.
The D-Max appeals to a wide variety of drivers, from fleet operators to families. This new line-up of trucks sit in a various segments to suit almost every customer’s requirements. With six years of research and some four million kilometers of testing, this All-New Isuzu D-MAX is the most innovative and feature-laden version of this pick-up truck.
You have a choice of 4×2 or 4×4 and in three different cab types: single, extended and double cab. All versions feature a wide range of practical and safety features to ensure drivers are as productive, safe and comfortable as possible.
Also, comfort and convenience are assured in this versatile pick-up thanks to automatic headlights with high beam assist, automatic windscreen wipers, speed-sensitive power steering, high quality sound system and a stop & start system.
More importantly is safety. Yes, high safety features is being requested by buyers today, even for pickup trucks.
This is why the Isuzu D-Max X-Terrain comes with a new standard of safety and is fully packed with ADAS to keep you and your family safe while traveling in it.
The ADAS features are:
1. Forward Collision Warning (FCW) – Detects a potential collision in front of the vehicle and alerts the driver
2. Autonomous Emergency Breaking (AEB) – Detects a potential collision and brakes automatically
3. Turn Assist – Helps monitor opposing traffic when turning and brakes automatically to avoid accidents
4. AT Pedal Misapplication Mitigation – Detects whether the accelerator has been applied accidentally and automatically suppresses the engine torque and alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in front
5. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)- Adjusts your cruising speed based on vehicles around you, including Stop and Go functionality
6. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – Detects and warns the driver should you drift towards another lane
7. Automatic High Beam (AHB) – During travel, the D-Max dims the high beam automatically to avoid dazzling other drivers
8. Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) – Warns you in your side mirrors when a vehicle is approaching in your blind spot
9. Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) – Monitors the rear of your vehicle and alerts you when an object approaches