Published on July 20th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Porsche Macan Updated One Last Time Before Full Model Change
The Porsche Macan gets one last update before the 2nd generation Macan debuts.
By now, most enthusiasts are aware that the Porsche Macan is due a replacement model. We’ve already gotten confirmation of this and even Porsche have said that a separate electric model is being developed alongside the 2nd generation Macan. But the current Macan, which first debuted in 2014, isn’t done yet.
Porsche has just released details on the 2022 model year revision, which will be arriving in the United States early next year.
The new Macan family consists of 3 variants so far:
- improved 2.0L Turbo now with 261hp (+13) and 400Nm (+30) of torque
- 0-60mph in 5.8s (-0.3s) with Sport Chrono Package
- Macan S
- 2.9L twin turbo V6 (previously found in Macan GTS)
- 375hp and 519Nm of torque
- 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds with Sport Chrono Package
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) standard
- Macan GTS (with optional Sport Package)
- improved 2.9L twin turbo V6
- 434hp and 550Nm of torque
- 0-60mph in 4.1 seconds with Sport Chrono Package
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes
- adaptive air suspension with 10 mm lower ride height
- 15 percent stiffer suspension
- updated bump stops and strut mounts
- recalibrated dampers
So far, no Macan Turbo models have been announced.
All 2022 Macan models will get the following additions:
- analogue clock on dashbaord
- redesigned centre console with haptic touch elements
- larger storage compartment
- shorter, redesigned gear lever
- 10.9″ full HD touchscreen with Apple Carplay
- Lane Departure Warning
- Front and Rear Park Assist with rear-view camera
- GT Sport steering wheel
- Deviated Stitching in Papaya, Gentian Blue and Chalk
- self-steering Park Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring Lane Change Assist function
The most immediately striking thing about the new Macan family is the updated design. The new front end of the Macan S features integrated cooling air intakes and front trim that’s finished in body colour. Around back, there’s a black diffuser that stretches up into the rear bumper. Along the side, the plastic cladding now features a 3D textured element.
7 new wheel designs have been added and LED headlights and the Sport Design exterior are now standard for the Macan and Macan S.
For the Macan GTS, customers will get 21″ RS Spyder Design wheels in satin black, Sport Design side skirts, clear LED taillights and a Sport Exhaust system along with black tailpipes.
The optional Sport Package for the Macan GTS adds the Sport Chrono Package, Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats, Sport Design mirrors with high-gloss black mirror caps, satin black rear fascia and side skirts, 21″ GT Design wheels, special high-performance tyres, carbon fibre interior trim pieces, additional Race-Tex interior upholstery.