Published on January 27th, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW M8 Models Refreshed Alongside Standard 8 Series Models
Alongside the BMW 8 Series, the performance-oriented BMW M8 models also get a facelift.
Yesterday, BMW M announced some mid-life cycle changes to the BMW M8, which mirror some of the changes that were also announced for the standard 8 Series models.
These models are all still powered by the 4.4L V8 M TwinPower Turbo engine with 625 horsepower and 750Nm of torque, sending power to all four wheels via an M xDrive all-wheel-drive system and an 8-speed M Steptronic transmission. 0-100km/h takes just 3.2 seconds in the closed roof cars while the Cabriolet version takes 3.3 seconds to achieve the century sprint.
In brief, the BMW M8 Competition Coupé, BMW M8 Competition Convertible and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupé get the following new features and options:
- new electronically controlled shock absorbers
- electromechanical M Servotronic steering system
- integrated brake system with selectable brake feel
- Optional M Carbon Ceramic brakes
- 8 new exterior colours
- Skyscraper grey metallic
- Brooklyn grey metallic
- Isle of Man green metallic
- BMW Individual lacquer tansanite blue metallic
- Frozen Pure Grey metallic
- Frozen Deep Grey metallic
- Frozen Deep Green metallic
- Frozen Tananite Blue metallic
- BMW Laser Light with adaptive cornering light
- BMW Selective Beam glare-free main beam assistant
- M lamps Shadow Line with dark design of inserts in headlamp and black kidney frame
- 20″ M Light Alloy wheels
- High performance tyres in 275/35 R20 front and 285/35 R 20 rear
- Standard BMW Heads Up Display with M-specific displays
- Optional M Carbon bucket seats
- *The standard M sports seats also support the intensive driving experience in the high-performance sports car. The optionally available M Carbon bucket seats create an unadulterated racing feeling for the driver and passenger. With their structure-based design, visible carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) surfaces, integrated headrests, openings in the backrests and side cheeks and guides for multi-point seat belts, they combine racing functionality with long-distance comfort and luxurious workmanship. They are heated and also offer electrical adjustment options, an illuminated “M8” lettering on the headrests and a memory function on the driver’s side.
- full leather Merino/Alcantara trim is standard
- Black/Sakhir Orange interior colour option avaialble
- More Alcantara is used throughout the interior
- Larger 12.3″ control display for iDrive