Published on March 31st, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
G-Shock “Rubik’s Cube” Based On GA-2100 Released For RM729
A Limited Edition Rubik’s Cube-themed CASIO G-Shock is now on sale.
Fans of Casio’s G-Shock will be excited to hear that the company has collaborated with the makers of the Rubik’s Cube on a new, limited edition watch. The GAE-2100RC-1A is a limited-edition model that’s based on the popular GA-2100. It features Rubik’s Cube styling and its look can be transformed easily with an interchangeable bezel.
The GAE-2100RC-1A features carbon core guard technology in a slimmer case with 200m water resistance and shock resistance.
The watch will be available in limited quantities for RM729 from the Casio Malaysia E-Commerce Website and G-SHOCK Flagship stores.
Check out the press release below for specifications and more.
CASIO G-SHOCK has announced the release of the GAE-2100RC-1A, a limited-edition collaborative
timepiece with Rubik’s Cube®, based on the best-selling GA-2100 model. Like its Rubik’s Cube®
inspiration, a facelift is just a turn away, with each watch featuring an interchangeable bezel and tool.
The new GAE-2100RC-1A features the latest carbon core guard technology in a slimmer, more refined case that gives homage to the much-loved retro look with its unique octagonal bezel, framing an analog-digital display. Despite its deceptively compact design, this watch is as durable and tough as any G-
SHOCK, offering 200-meter water resistance and shock resistance.
Invented in 1974 by Ernő Rubik, the Rubik’s Cube® has become one of the best-selling toys in history,
with 450+million cubes sold to date. Global icons favour the hugely popular puzzle from Harry Styles
and Ryan Gosling to Justin Bieber and Will Smith.
This collaboration model will be available in Malaysia from April 2022 onwards at Casio Malaysia E-Commerce Website, and G-SHOCK Flagship Stores, retailing at RM 729.
● Display Illumination: Dual Illuminator: Separate illumination of the analogue and digital components ensures optimum readability in low light conditions., Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), with afterglow
● Battery Life: Approximately 3 years
● Dimensions: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 mm
● Interchangeable Bezel: Features two bezel options (black or white) and bezel changing tool
● Mineral Glass: Hard glass resists scratching
● Shock Resistant: Patented Carbon Core Guard Structure protects against impact and vibration
● Water Resistant: 200m
● Alarm Function
● Auto Calendar
● Dual Time & World Time
● Countdown Timer: Range 24 hours, measuring 1 second
● Date and Weekday Display
● Stopwatch Function: 24 hours, Measuring Modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times,
Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes)