Published on June 22nd, 2022 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Kia Carnival CKD Version With 7 Seats Coming This July
The popular Carnival MPV gets a new variant and will be assembled in Malaysia.
Malaysian Kia dealers have started advertising for pre-order taking for the local assembled Kia Carnival luxury MOV.
Penned at Kia’s California design studio, the Kia Carnival wears a bold and boxy appearance and conveys the visual language found on the brand’s recent and highly successful line of rugged utility vehicles like the soon to launch in Malaysia Telluride large SUV, Sorento compact SUV and the previous Seltos crossover.
Arriving in Malaysia in January 2022 at an introductory selling price of RM196,340.80, it has been selling as fast as it arrives from the factory. Under a new brand guardian, DinamikJaya Motors, customers have been given assurance of higher attention to after sales and warranty.
This all new Kia Carnival an exceptional combination of modern design, capability, safety and luxury.
Inside, the three-row seven or eight-passenger MPV delivers a premium level of refinement, savvy technology, and flexibility. And with best-in-class passenger room and best-in-class cargo room there is enough space to accommodate people and more.
The 2022 Carnival is underpinned by the same all-new 3rd generation “N3” platform as the capable Sorento and sporty K5. Kia’s engineers made sure it was lighter, stronger and quieter than the outgoing architecture, and highlights include:
- Expanded use of hot-stamped parts and ultra-high-strength steel for increased average tensile strength and torsional stiffness that result in better driving dynamics
- Greater application of sound absorbing and insulating materials to minimize road, wind, and engine noise
- Aerodynamic improvements to wheels, front bumper, and mirrors to achieve better fuel economy
This three-row, seven or eight-passenger luxury adventurer MPV takes on a bold and boxy appearance that is very handsome and some what evergreen in its presentation.
Highlights include best-in-class cargo volume, a class-leading 2.2 diesel engine and a wide array of ADAS features with segment-exclusive Blind-Spot View Monitor.
Plus, it also has:
- Best-in-class 168.2 cubic feet of passenger room
- Best-in-class 145.1 cubic feet of cargo room (behind first row)
- “Slide-Flex” seating for 8-passenger versions allow multiple configurations including a sliding second row center seat which, when in the forward-most position, allows the front passenger easy access the baby or child riding in it. This seat also converts into a functional table
- Available ventilated second-row VIP Lounge Seating with power controls, wing-out headrests and leg extensions in up-level 7-passenger configuration
- Removable second-row seats and fold-in-floor third-row seats for best-in-class cargo room
Now comes news of a local assembled luxury version of this large and luxurious MPV arriving this July 2022. It will continue to use the 2.2L turbodiesel engine with an 8-speed conventional automatic sending 199 horsepower and 440Nm of torque to the wheels.
The new asking price is estimated from RM235,888 as a 7 or 8 seater luxury MPV to a high RM265,888 and this is because as a 7 or 8 seater MPV it is tagged as luxury MPV and not a van like with the 11 seater Carnival .