Published on July 14th, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
More IONIQ 6 Features Revealed Online
The Hyundai IONIQ 6 gets a digital launch with more juicy details revealed.
The IONIQ brand from Hyundai welcomes its second battery electric family member in the IONIQ 6 Electrified Streamliner.
The IONIQ 6 sits on the same Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP) as the IONIQ 5, Kia EV6 and Genesis GV60. As a result, it gets the same 400-V/800-V multi charging capabilities.
It will go into production later this year with market launch to be announced.
The IONIQ 6 has an estimated range of 610km, dual colour ambient lighting, Speed Sync Lighting, EV Performance Tune-up and Electric Active Sound Design to tout over the IONIQ 5. In terms of dimensions, it has a 2,950mm wheelbase, 4,855mm length, 1,880mm width and 1,495mm height. Wheel sizes range from 18-20″.
Optional Relaxation Comfort Seats for front occupants are available and all seats are 30% thinner than conventional Hyundai seats for better cabin ergonomics. Inside, the modular touchscreen dashboard features a 12″ infotainment and 12″ digital cluster with a Bose sound system.
Four Type-C ports and one Type-A USB port are available in the cabin. The aforementioned EV Performance Tune-up system allows for a combination of adjustments to steering, accelerator and driveline feel.
The IONIQ 6 will be available with 53-77.4 kWh battery options and RWD or AWD motor options. The full-spec model has 239kW and 605Nm of torque on tap and goes from 0-100km/h in just 5.1 seconds. Fast charging enables the IONIQ 6 to go from 10% to 80% in just 18 minutes.
ADAS and safety features include:
- Highway Driving Assist 2 (HDA 2)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Junction Crossing
- Lane-Changing Oncoming
- Lane-Changing Side along with Evasive Steering Assist
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
- Remote Smart Parking Assist 2 (RSPA 2)
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)
- Forward/Side/Reverse Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist (PCA)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)