Published on July 22nd, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
New Ford Ranger Launched In Malaysia From RM108,888
SDAC introduced the all-new Ford Ranger in Malaysia.
Sime Darby Auto Connexion has launched the all-new Ford Ranger in Malaysia. Two variants were introduced at launch, the XL, XLT, XLT Plus AT and WildTrak.
The Ford Ranger XL models are priced from RM108,888, for the Ford Ranger XLT, prices start at RM142,888 and the Ford Ranger WildTrak is priced at RM168,888. All these new Rangers are exclusively powered by the 2.0L EcoBlue turbodiesel 4-cylinder engines.
The Ford Ranger WildTrak has the biturbo version of the engine with an output of 210PS and 500Nm of torque. it comes exclusively with a 10-speed automatic transmission. There’s a unique WildTrak colour scheme and interior appointments. Here’s a list of equipment for the WildTrak:
- Leather Steering With Control Switches (4-Spoke) and Tilt & Telescopic adjustment
- Electric Parking Brake
- 8″ digital instrument cluster
- 12″ Multi Touchscreen Display Headunit With Wireless Apple CarplayTM, Android AutoTM, Bluetooth And Voice Recognition
- 6 speakers
- 4 (Front: 1 USB TYPE-C , 1 USB) (Rear: 1 USB TYPE-C , 1 USB)
- 12V in Center Box
- Electronic Dual-Zone Climate Control Standard
- Normal, Eco, Tow / Haul, Slippery, Mud / Ruts & Sand
- 8″ TFT Multi Infomation Display Driver & Front Passenger
- One-Touch Up / Down
- Auto Dimming Standard
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- premium leather upholstery
- 8-way adjustable driver seat
- 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- standard 230V AC Outlet
- Wireless charging pad
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Land Change Warning and Aid
- Blind Spot Detection System
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- High Beam Assist
- Post Collision Brake
- 360 camera
- Evasive Steer Assist
- Hill Descent Control
- Pre Collision Assist
- Automated Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
The Ford Ranger WildTrak is available in Luxe Yellow, Meteor Gray, Absolute Black, Sedona Orange and Arctic White.
The Ranger XLT Plus model also gets the same biturbo engine as the Wildtrak with the same output and transmission. It also distinguishes itself from the other XLT models with Auto High beam LED headlamps and an easy-lift tailgate. XLT models come with a smaller 10.1″ infotainment system.
Other XLT models come with a single turbo engine with 170PS and 405Nm of torque. A 6-speed manual transmission is available.
The Ford Ranger XL models drop a few pieces of equipment but are still impressively equipped with the same 10.1″ infotainment system, 8″ MID, 4×4 electronic shift-on-the-fly system and more. Check out the brochure for more details here.
A 5-year/160,000km manufacturer warranty is offered for the Ranger.